TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the best type and brand oil to run in my TLR? I plan on changing out the filter with a K&N 138 but I have no idea what oil I want to put in it. Please help... the wifey wants to go on a ride tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Oh no. You haven't found the search function yet have you? :dowhat :fire

You'll get answers like, coconut oil, olive oil.

Just go buy some oil. Make sure the viscosity suites the temperatures you ride in. 10W40 should be fine. Make sure it's not "energy conserving" or has any friction modifiers in it.

Me, I use full synthetic motorcycle specific oil. If your clutch slips using synthetic oil, there is something wrong with your clutch. Going back to mineral oil to stop it slipping is just covering the clutch fault up.

Rotella is popular too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only time I ever notice my clutch slip is when I am power shifting thru a wheelie. If I miss a gear it will slip into neutral or at least the neutral light will flicker on and off. Should I be worried??? Also, I was thinking about using a synthetic oil. Is this what most people use?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Some do some don't.

Some of those that do use Rotella, some don't.

Everyone has their personal preference.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
I always use expensive full synthetic. But after seeing some of N2's pictures, I think I'm waisting money
Whatever you use, change it and the filter often

1 - 6 of 6 Posts