TLZone Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an oil leak from the rear engine area on the TL1000R? Not had a good look yet but appears to be going on to the hugger, swing arm and rear tyre!

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,610 Posts
If the rear valve cover is leaking profusely, it can run down the backside of the engine.

The clutch push rod seal and/or the output drive shaft also commonly fail. However, they usually drip near the side stand. Some may blow back to the wheel, but likely would not reach the hugger.

Lastly, I have seen (read about) an oil leak from between the engine case halves at the rear of the engine. In that instance, the engine had been removed from the frame and reinstalled incorrectly. I don't remember the details, but the cases were improperly stressed. In turn, the split between the case halves opened and oil would leak out at the rear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the rear valve cover is leaking profusely, it can run down the backside of the engine.

The clutch push rod seal and/or the output drive shaft also commonly fail. However, they usually drip near the side stand. Some may blow back to the wheel, but likely would not reach the hugger.

Lastly, I have seen (read about) an oil leak from between the engine case halves at the rear of the engine. In that instance, the engine had been removed from the frame and reinstalled incorrectly. I don't remember the details, but the cases were improperly stressed. In turn, the split between the case halves opened and oil would leak out at the rear.
Found my 'Oil leak'! Turned out to be brake fluid from the overfull reservoir! Adjusted the level and fitted a new diaphragm now all is good! Cheers(y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts