TLZone Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hmmm looks a bit mickey mouse to me!

i'd guess that it wont have enough area for sufficient cooling on our beasts, might be ok on a cg125 or a hwafong dogshite :laugh

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
What about seeing if you can use fit the newer pair of rsv one's that go either side if the header or you could just remove it like phil(tornado) has done using tlr filter housing and waterpump cover and a "T" piece for the coolant pipes.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
The TLR cooler won't fit on a '97 TLS - filter flange is too small - at least it was on my '97:banghead

I don't see why the e-bay cooler wouldn't work, but I don't reall see how its going to be any cleaner to install than just moving the stocker foward or back. I mounted a TLR exhaust system and just moved the cooler back a big closer to the motor. It required a custom bracket (which I made from an old street sign with a dremel and hack-saw) and custom lines which the local hydrolic supply store was able to make up for me:thumbup

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
why the change of pipe si..... didn't think they gave any more power:O

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
The ebay oil cooler is for monkey bikes, ie Honda 50/70/90 derivatives, so certainly not big enough for a 1000cc bike !!

If you want to fit a TLR system to a 97 TLS you will need to move the oil cooler forward like I did when I fitted the TLR M4 System. You will need longer oil lines and also have to fab up a different bracket etc.

If your TLS is later than the 97 then you will have the bigger oil filter flange and can therefore fit the TLR Heat Exhanger and plumb in like I did when I changed to TLR Crankcases. I modified the TLS Water Pump cover to keep the hoses in line instead of pointing down when using the TLR cover, depends what access you have to Tig/Lathes :devious

·
15,415 Posts
Soz guys :laugh

Only because I've answered the oil cooler question about 6 times in as many months........ :lol

You can actually get away with no oil cooler in the UK, it never gets hot enough !!
Depends how much "traffic" riding you do really.

I Hill Climbed without one for most of last season with no problems.

·
Registered
157 Posts
hay fiche-man, where did you get the braided lines for the oil?

·
15,415 Posts
TLs'er said:
hay fiche-man, where did you get the braided lines for the oil?
I had them made by a company called Pirtek here in the UK.

Any hydraulic Line company can do them, the ends are a pretty common size.

Just remember to have the ends rotated 90 Deg to each other :devious

·
15,415 Posts
tornado said:
did i see a pic of your bike with a laminar style coolers sam?
Yes, I've run a stock cooler, then the relocated oil cooler with braided lines when I fitted the TLR M4, then no oil cooler on the big bang engine :devious then the TLR heat exchanger and T Peices pictured further up the thread.

Every eventuallity as the bike/power has evolved :laugh

·
15,415 Posts
tornado said:
never fitted one of these?

i must be imagining things:laugh
Not yet Phil, but you never know.......................:laugh

1 - 18 of 18 Posts