TLZone Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone measured the link that comes with a TLS ohlins shock?

Im interested in dimensions, to reproduce one for mounting the showa f2 shock.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Les Rocks! :hail

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
OldTLSDoug said:
Les Rocks! :hail
A pity 99.9% of them are in my head :laugh

Mr Goeland_ ..here are some pics ( I seem to have lost the one with the Ohlins extended.
I think it worked out at around 273mm centres (280mm free length) when i refitted the stock SOAS link.
This may be of some help for those thinking of fitting some other damper.
The pic with the Ohlins compressed is with the SOAS's buffer rubber just contacting the body so consideration has to be given for how much that may compress and how much extra travel would be needed in the replacement damper.
Of course if a RHA is fitted the measurements would allow a slightly longer damper to be used

·
Registered
173 Posts
thanks to you TLDV8 , It's perfect pics

It's exactly that we need to better understand the ohlins mount schem

In French we have also the EMC shock that have the same monting than the Ohlins . The difference is the compression/rebound ajustments that are "coupled"

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
TLDV8 has that bike ever seen any dirt ? :confused My god , I'd be embarassed to show you mine !:laugh

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
jahoo said:
Has anyone measured the link that comes with a TLS ohlins shock?

Im interested in dimensions, to reproduce one for mounting the showa f2 shock.
How are the Brackets ?...Downunder calling,Come in Canada and France :laugh

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im still waiting on my F3 shock to come in, then i will get the link machined... should be a nie winter project.

·
Registered
389 Posts
TLDV8 ...thanks for the great source of pictures and measurements . I purchased my ohlins based upon those pictures making sure the guy I bought from had the right shock.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I have and Ohlins also TLDV8 but mine is mounted oposite way at yours ...I mean rebound adjuster is loking up and gas reservoir is down. I just followed the mounting instruction from Ohlins.... There are any diference if you mount that way , or you're able to do it cos you use a custom bracket?..

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...TLDV8's is due to his custom mounting bracket:yes...

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I have some pictures of Artkore's old TLS and he had his Ohlins mounted like Les, I don't know how he did it?

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I think TLDV8 mounted it that way because there is less unsprung weight like this.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
I think TLDV8 mounted it that way because there is less unsprung weight like this.

Greetings
Rufer

...he was also trying to keep the damper res cooler...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts