TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an Ohlins rear shock conversion for a TL1000R. If you have one let me know, even if you just have the brackets I would be interested. no one seems to make them anymore.
Thanks

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,322 Posts
The Wilbers 641 is still available for the TLR. It is just as good as the Ohlins setup, and possibly even better, because it allows more stroke length on the shock for damping control. It also utilizes the OEM position for the SOAS (which it replaces), and the OEM rotary damper is completely done away with. It also comes with a billet linkage rocker to replace the OEM rocker. It is a premium unit.

Wilbers Suspension Manufaktur | shock absorber type 641 Competition | purchase online

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Wilbers 641 is still available for the TLR. It is just as good as the Ohlins setup, and possibly even better, because it allows more stroke length on the shock for damping control. It also utilizes the OEM position for the SOAS (which it replaces), and the OEM rotary damper is completely done away with. It also comes with a billet linkage rocker to replace the OEM rocker. It is a premium unit.

Wilbers Suspension Manufaktur | shock absorber type 641 Competition | purchase online

View attachment 65693
Excellent, I will check into that, thank you for help I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
While it will be an improvement over the stock rotary it isn't quite up to Ohlins standards. "You pays your money.." as they say.

says the smug b***rd with the Ohlins in the back of his tiller.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While it will be an improvement over the stock rotary it isn't quite up to Ohlins standards. "You pays your money.." as they say.

says the smug b***rd with the Ohlins in the back of his tiller.
I thoiught the hogna was an all in one unit, but this is the response I recived today from them

Hello Jamie,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We supply a replacement unit that consists of a new damper assembly and comes complete with mounting bracket, this replaces the O.E. rotary unit, and utilizes the original Suzuki spring.

Costs are £299.50 inc vat with free delivery to a UK mainland address, if you are outside of the UK please forward your full address and we can quote for direct delivery to you.

Please note our website is unable to process orders at this time due to a technical issue, please forward your requirements to us via Email or telephone and we can process an order if required.

Kind regards

Hagon Sales Team
7 Roebuck Road
Hainault Business Park
Hainault
Essex
IG6 3JH

Tel: 0208 502 6222
Fax: 0208 502 6274

If this is the case and they do not offer a complete unit that is all in one then I wont be going that route. The problem then is finding an Ohlins setup...which has proven thus far to be difficult, save one unit on Ebay that was leaking and needed rebuilt and still was $700.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
You'll be wanting this then....

or the Wilbers.

I'm sure when I spoke to the Hagon people they said they did a damper only for the TLS, using the original SOAS and the TLR version was an all-in-one which replaced everything. Was while ago though so maybe I'm getting confused in my old age.

Reactions: kjwalters

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
You'll be wanting this then....

or the Wilbers.
Man you think I would find one over here in the USA...nope but in the U.K there you have it. I wonder if it comes with the brackets as well. It's a big chunk of cash but still the best solution I think.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I think this one is actually in France. For some reason the Italians seem to have a few as well.

Reactions: kjwalters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts