TLZone Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got through the first of the week in Buenos Aries... Jetted over to Santiago, Chile on Wednesday...

here through Sunday.

The lady that runs the isotope production and irridiation facility is very nice, and speaks english to the point that it is embarrasing how little spanish I know...

but also amazing how much I am picking up in just a few days

Calientie = spicey hot..:devious Moui Calientie Chickas:devious :laugh

Ok, I´ll shut up now... before i make myself look more stupid then I already do.

We will be going up into the mountains (Andes) tomorrow to see her home town tomorrow, no work... Today was a holiday in Santiago as well, ¨Virgin day¨ sounds like something that shouldn´t be celibrated, but I guess it´s a catholic holiday for the virgin Marry and most of the country is catholic.

Ya´ll will have to Farcus with out me...

Wish I had my bike, I´d blow the mirrors off everything around here, I have seen two bikes in two days that were more then 250cc´s Figure there has to be some Gixxers hiding around here somewhere... but haven´t seen them.

Pix when I get back.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
wow, sounds awesome....... I've always wanted to travel in S. America!!!! have fun dude!!!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
so i take it your there on buisness? Cant wait to see the pics!

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, business.

one of the programs that we are working on is to perswade radiopharmacutical producers to convert to a low enriched uranium process. Currently most use a high enriched process which can be used to divert material to a weapons program.

I have built a number of test stands and bits of analitical equipment for use in remote hotcell facilities and my bosses wanted me here to explain the operation and assist in the install if needed.

not a big fan of travil, espically to places where I don´t speak the language and the currency is significantly difficult to understand but ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

nice thin is I left 6 inches of snow and 19'F temps in Chicago, and arived in the summer. 75`F and sunny... Suppose the going back part will be a bit of a shock but it´s nice now.

I´ve got pix from the hotel rooms, they don´t let you take many pix of the production plant and what have you. Maybe get more today up in the mountains.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Enjoy. It's sunny back here in the midwest but the wind chill is in the teens here in Ann Arbor. And mountains are cool. There aren't any back here despite towns named Mount Pleasant, etc. (as you know).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts