TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Can't bloody shift mine :banghead have to get a shop to do it then if they screw the casing it's down to them? I've tried evrything, believe me!

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Er...............:confused I know it's something to do with the direction of rotation; makes the sprocket nut get tighter?

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
And its better to prevent it turning by leaving the chain on and holding the rear brake until the nut is loose. Not abusing the trans by leaving it in gear and trying to remove the nut.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Ah well, from where do I know this?

My TL number two had the sprocket nut SUPER overtightened.
I tried:
- 1/2" 70cm (2ft) breaker bar. no chance
- 3/4" 2m (6ft) breaker bar. Could turn bike upside down, but not get that nut loose.
- air impact wrench
- bigger air impact wrench
- heated nut and the full program again
No chance, couldn't get the sprocket loose with the chain on and the wheel blocked.

Solution was the following. Now don't laught, OK!! It was not me who put this sprocket nut on!

1) Removed swingarm and built a "locking tool" (haha :)) to block the sprocket solid against the frame in the swingarm pivot:

2) Borrowed the biggest impact wrench I could find: 1200Nm electrical impact wrench used in tunnel construction:

(weights at least 5kg)

Tried for about 5min until it became loose.

Conclusion: Block the sprocket solid (it's probably trash after this) and use a really BIG impact wrench.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Wasn't it JamnTLR that posted the pic where the end of the output shaft had snapped off and it was the original sprocket from the factory. :dowhat

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bought the 32mm socket,found a 5' bar,fit socket and the weight of the 5' bar with no pressure on the bar the nut became loose,i don't know how long it was loose for,but i'm glad i found it now not at 100 kph,replaced spocket i used locktite on shaft and nut,while tightning the wheel in gear that didn't work got one of the kids to push rear brake,tightened as much as i could,job done:banana

1 - 14 of 14 Posts