TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon people.
Just picked up a 99 TL1000R. Not really sure why I did, but its sitting in my garage. I guess I couldn't pass up the price.

It needs a lot of work. Used to be a track bike many many years ago that just up and stopped running mid flight on the track. I know the original owner who bought it new and the other 2 previous owners are friends of mine. It has sat for a number of years, unused and pushed into a corner. My plan is to fire this thing back up, get some lights on it and get it on the street again.
It came with a shop manual, some kind of fiberglass cowlings that I guess he used for the track as none of it has provisions for lights and some odds and ends.

Looking forward to digging through the info posted in here, which seems like quite a bit. I'm sure I'll have a crap ton of questions.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Taiwanese plastics for the bodywork. Amazing what you can get for $300 bucks these days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As soon as I get some more time to wrench on it, I'll grab some pics. I managed to get the front head off, pull the piston off the rod and start cleaning it. The rings are pretty much toast as it has carbon and junk holding them in the groove. Just need to peel those out and replace them with new rings. I already picked up another cylinder for it to replace the gross one that was on it. Once I get it back together I can start with the electric and get this thing running again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts