TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
I agree that the ethnic minorities are usually well represented in these flyers, but what is the issue :O
I have never understood racism, you will get used to it Andy when you watch any program on CBBC (channel 617) ever colour and creed is usually on every program.
Get used to it, the more folk make an issue about things the more it is brought to the fore.
The colour of my skin stops about 1mm inside my body, why judge people or pass comment about it.
I do hope this thread will not turn into chest puffing I'm proud to be british thing, I will monitor with interest.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand what you are saying and I largely agree.

I do have issues that its not seen as acceptable to show a white person.

I whole heartedly agree and support Austrailia's priniciples on immigration...if you dont want to be an Aussie dont come here.

This isnt a colour issue its the 'when in roman' attitude that we apply to ourselves but wont apply it to people who come to the UK. We seem too keen to pamper to everyone else and ignore our own native communtiy regardless of colour, age, sex etc

It really annoys me that to be proud of being english is seen as bigotted and racist.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
You hit nail square on the head Andy.

We have the same problem here. If you stand up for your country's heritage and traditions, the ultra-liberals call you a racist. The liberal politicans pander to minorities and immigrants for votes. The liberal voters turn a blind eye because they want more liberal policies passed like legalize recreational drug use, hedonism, gay marriage. For some of the younger crowd they think "what's wrong with that?" but when you older and raising a family of your own, you quickly see what's wrong with it.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
:eatcorn what does hedonism mean again?:dunno

I'm quite neutral and as much as I dislike agreeing with Andy, he has a fair point, though I reckon your second post should have been the first post to avoid confusion:)

- just in my opinion, one in 6 billion la la la...

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Well, I totally agree with the Aussies :hail and have to say I agree with Andy largely too but at the same time...................I'm not sure :confused Let me put it another way, over the past 5-6 years my "opinion" has changed to the point where we will be applying to get the fook outa here in about 3yrs time...............does that give anybody a great big clue :O

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
BEST BABY PIC EVER

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Posh Johnny said:
I do hope this thread will not turn into chest puffing I'm proud to be british thing...
Why in the world would anyone say THAT?! :lol

dsly1, I've always liked that picture. Thanks for the chance to let me do the old <Right click> <Save>. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
That little monster is now 3 and a half :) and my pure joy..

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Bit harder to hold down under the cargo-net now tho'? :laugh

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Racism has nothing to do with it. Preferencial treatment does. I go unemployed I get £50 odd quid a week and piss all help until Ive been unemployed at least a year. You come here from Albania and you get housed, fed, a car, help with learning, help getting a job, free hospital & dental and up to £85 a week.

Thats not racism thats ****ing annoying !! :rant over.

·
Registered
358 Posts
voodootwin said:
You hit nail square on the head Andy.

We have the same problem here. If you stand up for your country's heritage and traditions, the ultra-liberals call you a racist. The liberal politicans pander to minorities and immigrants for votes. The liberal voters turn a blind eye because they want more liberal policies passed like legalize recreational drug use, hedonism, gay marriage. For some of the younger crowd they think "what's wrong with that?" but when you older and raising a family of your own, you quickly see what's wrong with it.
:stupid +1

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
:stupid +1

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
UKbiker said:
Racism has nothing to do with it. Preferencial treatment does. I go unemployed I get £50 odd quid a week and piss all help until Ive been unemployed at least a year. You come here from Albania and you get housed, fed, a car, help with learning, help getting a job, free hospital & dental and up to £85 a week.

Thats not racism thats ****ing annoying !! :rant over.
thats ****ed...... i'm pretty liberal about alot of stuff (I know that will ruffel some feathers here) like art, free speach, open marriage, etc..... but as an independant business owner (freelance photog) who pays a shit -ton of taxes to operate his own small business........ I say **** the free loader assholes who take advantages of the system because they think they are intitalded to a handout...... what about the people who work hard for THEY'RE money? give THEM a break, right?

RANT OVER!:banghead

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
My forum name comes from the fact that my father in Law is Black (Pappa = dad, clart akka - Rassclart) and my 12 year old brother is mixed raced. I am probably one of a few skinny white boys brought up on ''Rice and Pea'' :laugh So I am no racist!!

I am far from Raciast but because of my veiws have been accused by ignorent folk of being so.

A single white male in the UK is the single most under privaliged category of person.

I live in London, and while every joe fresh off the boat gets a house, benefits, free this free that I am and will always either have to rent a room or sleep on a freinds sofer! (I am currently sleeping on a friends sofer) If I want to buy my own place then I would have to move very far away inorder to afford a house. Even lawyers and High earners can often not afford to by a house in London, due to the high property prices and the terrible shortage of affordable properties caused by immigration.

Years ago the minorites fort for equality and they got that - and a hell of a lot more.

It is all I want is equallity - equal rights for a house equal rights when I am unenployed etc. And like the minorites back in the day, I will protest and voice my opinion and feeling until I get what they fort for!

I read recentlyt that one Bright spark Politician has come up with the idea of giving immigrants a £10,000 grant to set up business once they have landed in this country!! As a tax payer, Where Is my £10,000!! Am I suppose to be happy about this, Am I suppose to think it is great? And if I protest or get upset about this I am a racist- what the ****!!

Even non whites that were born here are sick of it and are also becoming second class citizens within the country of there birth.

It seems that the closer your ties are to this country the more you are pushed away with a swift middle finger!

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
When it comes from someone like Ryan, it almost seems worse!! If a guy like him feels that strongly about it then it is truly time to get the fook outa here :rolleyes

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
When it comes from someone like Ryan, it almost seems worse!! If a guy like him feels that strongly about it then it is truly time to get the fook outa here :rolleyes

Althouhg I love London I am never going to be able to get ahead in my life. Like most people I aspire to owning my own home. I earn £20,000 per year. In the Bourogh of London I live in, (Islington) the cheapest 1 besdroom house is £180,000, and it is likely going to be on the 20th floor of some run down block of flats. Even on a 5 times mortgage I can't afford it. And even if I was to get a 30 year mortgage I would probably be paying near enough a £1000 per month or more. I am looking at changing jobs and can probably commmand about £24000 with my skills experience etc But that will not solve my problems

I am considering moving away from London, I have even considered Scotland for the cheaper house prices. At least I can then get on the property Ladder and then perhaps move back to London ina few years time!

The World goes from one extreme to the other; and like History, like music, like light and day it repeats itself! Post the far right explosion of the 30s-40s with WW2 etc, we have been living in a mega left wing society, where this absolute blinked desporation of all of our governments to accept every nationality from all the impoverished parts of the world, without any kind of thought of the potentiallly deverstating impact it has had and will have in the future to come! Feelings will now turn even the most decent and accepting of our societies againts this idea of 'Multicultrulism'!! The Melting pot will soon boil over and it won't be pretty!!

It's no longer the skinheads thugs that are to be worried about, it is now the Academics, Thinkers and many other influential people that are growing tired of the situation. And these are the people that will force change. But hey, it is too late now anyway.

''A house only has so many rooms before it gets crowded!!'' (As a child I had to share a room with my brother)

'My brother use to get more pocket money than me...Why!! I did more errands then him!!'

'If I was late home and my mother had 'guests around' she would offer them my dinner. (they wood take) pissed me off no end!!'

Brother got a pushbike before me - I use to have to run around the streets after him if I wanted hang with him!!

Although it may sounds like I was the less favrouble son as a child, that is not the case:laugh But none the less it sucks when you are not treated equally!!

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
move to north bedfordshire mate, you can get a 3 bed detached here for about $160,000,

1 - 20 of 24 Posts