TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had a car sitting outside our house for approx 6 months with no tax and in a very poor condition. I reported it to the councils abandoned vehicle website, no response, reported it again, still no response, so i thought id report it to the police, the response i got was that "the vehicle doesnt meet the criteria of being abandoned" .............. just hope they show as much leniancy if i ever go out, god forbid in an untaxed car!! Northants Police...Bottom of the national police league table, i wonder why??? maybe there is less paperwork persecuting motorists going 2 miles per hour over the speed limit!! Rant over

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
So what would the situation be if it caught fire by accident?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Or find someone that does banger racing - most will be happy to come pick it up.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I thought you'd sold the Clio john :laugh

What's with Northants police? I thought you lived in posh Cheshire, is it your second home?:O

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Posh Johnny said:
Wakey wakey Tim
wrong Johnnyboy, remember I'm Posh Johnny now :coocoo
Good point. Must pay more attention!
Did you sell him the rights to the name? Is he an imposter?
:laugh

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dont want it to catch fire, its too bloody close to out fence and house!

hopefully northants police will answer my email asking what constitutes abandoned.....apart from not moving in 6 months and no tax!

·
Registered
179 Posts
why dont you tell the Police you saw the car doing 34mph in a 30mph limit? They will have it banged up for months with a crime like that!

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Got any Pikeys nearby :O

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i never............woke up this morning to find a flatbed truck picking the old car up!!

its only taken 3 months!!

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Toledo said:
Got any Pikeys nearby :O
yeah, put a flyer around the 'camps', "Free car, only needs collecting"....actually, record it on tape in case they can't read.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts