TLZone Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
You can also get the EBC carriers in various colors if you're willing to wait. I really want the red ones to match my wheels on my red TLS.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've got K4 calipers (short boss), K4 wheel and my original 320mm discs with one of Sam's spacer kits in the mix. Works with the K4 forks but the K6s are just different enough for it not to work. I'd need a set of the K6 calipers or bigger spacers. I'm not keen on sticking in spacers any bigger than the ones already in there so the option is 310mm discs. I've got good info which says avoid the Chinese Ebay offerings. I know I've had some success with their stuff but I trust the person who says stay away from the braking products.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yaay. Got it back together again. This thing is turning into a bit of a mongrel. So now I've got K6 forks, a K4 wheel, my old 320mm ABE disc, K6 calipers with the long boss plus Sam's spacers (slightly modified) from the original K4 conversion. There's a custom spacer on the front axle (also K6) courtesy of the estimable Dave Wood.

I've given it a quick run up the road and its a big improvement over the K4 forks with the blown seal. Needs a bit of shake down and there's some more air to come out of the brakes but otherwise its okay. I'm thinking it could use a bit more on the preload too but I'll get to that later.

At least I'm mobile again. Shame about ABE going up in smoke though.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts