1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ho ho ho. New toy arrived today.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Pqm7oEcUniOHB5SUF3cUdPQUU/edit?usp=sharing

Its a good solid piece of kit.

Picked up a nice, shiny set of gixer 1000 K5 forks over the weekend to replace the slightly ropey K4 items that are in the tiller now. All being well by Monday it will be job done. Will post a pic or two once its done. Not that it will look any different from a distance to how it does now but I won't have bubbly DLC on my forks any more.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does that. Upper left hand corner there should be a large black arrow pointing down. Click that and it should open.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Nice stand.... I have some Busa forks/radial calipers to fit....... if you want a second opinion on the stand.....:devious

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice stand.... I have some Busa forks/radial calipers to fit....... if you want a second opinion on the stand.....:devious
As long as I get it back afterwards....

·
Registered
759 Posts
Ah I bought one of those exact beasts for my TL ..... good bit of kit. You have to move the horn on the TLS to make it work.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Do you have a TLR or TLS?

Looks a lot like mine. I made an assortment of stem pins of various lengths, or you could make one pin with multiple holes for different heights. Installing front wheels is easier (more clearance with the wheel able to be lower as you slide it in) if you take a large hammer and flatten the cross-brace between the handle ends. Even a half-inch there is useful if you want to avoid removing the front fender to get the wheel in & out.

·
Registered
909 Posts
As long as I get it back afterwards....
Thanks, that wouldn't be a problem.:thumbup

I had one of these delivered from the same company just 2 weeks ago. Now £25 cheaper!!! Not sure the TLR would fit on it though. I have that big lump in the advert.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bricking it myself... :laugh

Attachments

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So the new stand works a treat. Comes with a set of interchangeable adapters to fit the headstock. The 13 is perfect for the TL.

Only trouble is moron here overlooked the fact that he's now got a gixer front spindle in and hasn't bought the right tool to undo the damn thing. Luckily I hadn't started tearing things apart before it registered. Must pencil a note in the margin of my manual. Something along the lines of, "Your TL is now half GSX-R - dumbass!".

:laugh

Reactions: stu_m

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And of course the K6 forks use a different spindle to the K4 forks. Those boys at Suzuki do like to change things..... :banghead

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone using EBC front discs? I'm going to need a set of 310mm disc to fit the K6 setup.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good? Bad? Indifferent? I can get the EBCs quicker than the Allbike options which would be my choice otherwise. My current discs are from Allbike Engineering in Greenwich and they've been really good. Trouble is there's going to be a bit of a wait on turnaround for a new set and I'm currently riding on forked forks. I want to get the new ones in asap.

I'd expect the EBC items to be fine but nice to get an endorsement if I can.

·
Registered
759 Posts
... Good? Bad? Indifferent? ... I'd expect the EBC items to be fine but nice to get an endorsement if I can ....
Ummm! Not sure I can give you a proper endorsement. I've only ridden the TLS with them on a couple of times and TBH I was not trying to assess the brakes ... I already knew the brakes were not up to much. As a rule ... most people I know that have replaced the OEM items on various bikes have opted for EBC. Price point is fair and the product looks of good quality. Can't be more specific myself perhaps others will chime in on this matter.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts