TLZone Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you do both the plus mod and the charging mod together? im pretty sure you can but i just wanted to check first. also how many of you have had the 30 amp inline fuse melt? thought i read that somewhere that some people had that happen. i am going to start this project this weekend and want to know what im getting into.:O

thanks

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
You can do them together. Buy a quality fuse holder and you should have no problems. Cheap ones melt. :thumbup

·
TLOTM Sept. '08
1,629 Posts
'+' and charging mods are completely independent of one another, so can do with er or both together, whatever - no bearing either way (but I recommend to do both!)

Fuse holder melting is because of poor electrical connection
See my comments in this thread and here

Avoid using an ATM size fuse/holder and be sure to use a quality component, even if going with larger ATO/ATC size.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got the 30 amp inline fuses from autozone. looks like 12ga line. good or bad??? gonna start this tomorrow
thanks guys

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
atm? its a normal size fuse for cars.

·
TLOTM Sept. '08
1,629 Posts
typical auto size for cars (and also bikes) is ATO/ATC.
ATM is smaller (M for Mini) size

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok well its the bigger type fuse. so i take it thats good?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok did the charging mod that was pretty easy, but man the plus mod is a pita. I'm about 3/4 through it. Those coils suck to get at, hope it's worth it.
Thank guys

·
Registered
153 Posts
hey man, i was gonna do the plus mod too, where and what relay did you buy? i cant find that info anywhere...thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just finished it about an hour ago. the relay was just a regular one i got at autozone nothing incredable. just make sure it has four male spade ends comming out and if you look at them there should be numbers 85, 86, 87,30. (good luck getting to the coil on the right side of the bike) they both suck but that one sucke more!!!.

·
Registered
153 Posts
thanks for the info....i know what ya mean about the coils, i pulled the tank and airbox off just looking around and those look like they are going to be fun. have you rode it yet and did you notice a difference??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya i rode it. def punchier down low. but where i really noticed it was the mid to high rpms. def pulls harder. its nice:roost

1 - 13 of 13 Posts