TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to why i am seeing the " If you were a subscriber you wouldn't see these adds boxes". Maybe i just never noticed them until yesterday:O

Tried the other add skin and the Zone vendors will also disappear.

Am i just having a brain fart?

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Sekon, I'm not quite sure I understand your question.

There are two versions of the site: one with ads, and one without. Subscribers have access to the version of the site without ads. The ads theme was modified a couple days ago with the "You wouldn't see these ads if..." background.

-:banana

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sekon, I'm not quite sure I understand your question.

There are two versions of the site: one with ads, and one without. Subscribers have access to the version of the site without ads. The ads theme was modified a couple days ago with the "You wouldn't see these ads if..." background.

Like i said maybe iam just having a brain fart? The last time i seen the " If you were a subscriber you wouldnt see these adds" was when i wasn't a subscriber, but that was a couple years back.

Was just checking to see if i am having a brain fart. :laugh

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
so you're using the non-ads version of the site, and seeing those? you shouldn't be if that's the case, and I need to fix something. It could just be the new ads thing is currently selected, in which case you just need to re-select the non-ads theme, and you're back in the butter zone. I'm not sure if it's the case, but I think when I set a new default theme, it reverts everyone back to it.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so you're using the non-ads version of the site, and seeing those? you shouldn't be if that's the case, and I need to fix something. It could just be the new ads thing is currently selected, in which case you just need to re-select the non-ads theme, and you're back in the butter zone. I'm not sure if it's the case, but I think when I set a new default theme, it reverts everyone back to it.

right now i have adds on cause i like having the Zone vendors on the left side of the screen.

when i use non adds the vendors will also be removed.

Basically i haven't seen the non subscriber box in a long time and was just wondering if the program had been updated to show that or something up with my computer. I normally run with adds on, sometimes they are good adds.

Maybe it's just taking a bit for the adds to load and the one box comes up 1st as a default? and thats what i am seeing?

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Well for starters the ads message is very dumb, in the sense that it can't tell if you're a subscriber or not. It just know you're using the ads version of the site, and assumes that a subscriber wouldn't be using this version. Again, this is a new change...so if you're seeing it for the first time, you're not crazy. Well maybe you're crazy (you do own a TL after all), but this isn't proof of such insanity.

If you use the non-ads version, both the vendors and the google ads will disappear. I guess I could make a middle version that has just the vendors, but haven't done so to date because I didn't think anyone would use it, and it take a little while for me to make such things.

The affect you might be seeing could be the result of the fact that the "You wouldn't see.." message is a tiny file that serves as a background image (very very quick), while Google still has to serve the ads (takes longer). :O

Anyhoo, that's the dealio. BTW, there is a 100% correlation between this and my student loans coming into repayment. Thank you everyone for putting me through grad school. :laugh

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well for starters the ads message is very dumb, in the sense that it can't tell if you're a subscriber or not. It just know you're using the ads version of the site, and assumes that a subscriber wouldn't be using this version. Again, this is a new change...so if you're seeing it for the first time, you're not crazy. Well maybe you're crazy (you do own a TL after all), but this isn't proof of such insanity.

If you use the non-ads version, both the vendors and the google ads will disappear. I guess I could make a middle version that has just the vendors, but haven't done so to date because I didn't think anyone would use it, and it take a little while for me to make such things.

The affect you might be seeing could be the result of the fact that the "You wouldn't see.." message is a tiny file that serves as a background image (very very quick), while Google still has to serve the ads (takes longer). :O

Anyhoo, that's the dealio. BTW, there is a 100% correlation between this and my student loans coming into repayment. Thank you everyone for putting me through grad school. :laugh

Yep i own a TL and love it! Wouldn't trade it for anything! So yes i guess we could classify me as being crazy, but it's nice to know I am not alone!

I think i just figured it out....it's the color pictures that threw me off:coocoo. If it came to me right it was normally just Blue links instead of the flashy, animated color adds.
So i am going to call it a brain fart due to the holidays and the meds i am on that keep me up to wee hours in the morning.
I don't even want to start thinking about my student loans just yet, once i graduate in April then i will start thinking about them and maybe add another one if I can find out were Aprilia trains there Techs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts