TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everytime I hit a bump I hear a noise from the forks that sound like someone banging a spoon against a pot. Any ideas?

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
when is the last time you changed fluid?

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
one of the brake-lines hitting the mudguard? catching the sides of the fairing?

·
Registered
18 Posts
would that be a wooden or metal spoon:) Sorry...... I had a similar problem on my S with the bottom edge of the fork slider just clipping the front mud guard (fender?) I had replaced the front mud guard with a carbon one, the mounting holes where slightly out of position :O

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
wrap your nuckle against the top of the front fender....

... that the sound you are hearing?

loose brake line, loose mounting bolt.... hell my "bongs" like that if I hit a bump at slow speed

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
wiring harness connector, head bearings.....so many possible answers.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had asimilar noise i noticed going over any decent bump in the road, just after i got my bike, freaked me out but i tracked it down. It was the back of the guage cluster rubbing on the base of the windscreen. it sounded just like that, a spoon being whacked on the back of a metal pot, probably just a click amplified by the screen or something.
If i manually flexed the screen/top fairing it made the noise. so my solution was a small spray of silicone lubricant, then no more noise:) I hope your problem is as simple as this.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys ill check out these solutions tonight

·
Registered
129 Posts
Same Problem

I have the same problem , though normal bumps are ok its just the ripple type bumps where the shock travels up + down in qwik succession , mine sounds more like a spanner/wrench tapping on the top of the triple .....
I also just had my seals done to....
no noise before.....
:confused

1 - 9 of 9 Posts