TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short cranks won't start I can here the fuel pump priming sounds like it's not getting spark I even tried starter fluid I get nothing I have put it in dealer mode I get no codes bike just spins over I did pull spark plugs they were slightly fouled I cleaned them I'm used to working on cars so I know a Lil fouled spark plugs won't cause a no start I just need a Lil advice to get started in the right direction

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
lots of threads on this...search google and will bring you ideas....if its priming but wont crank, could be starter solenoid or relay. starter relay is a common fault...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I did allot of that didn't find anything to help me. I forgot to put I had got it started ran good for like 20 min I let it idle then it died and never got back starter

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
so when u turn it on now what do you do exactly?,,pull clutch in, etc or lift stand, into gear etc...of just into neutral pull clutch and it primes, and hit the button and it cranks, but wont ignite?..explain what u do and what is occurring

you checked fuel pump and filter..may be blocked..are you getting any spark at all?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bikes in N on stand I hit the start spins over choke engaged I'm going to pull the fuel pump when I get a new gasket and gasket maker cause I heard the fuel tanks leak

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
there is no choke on a tl...its an idle rev lever...
dont need to change the gasket if not leaking..mine doesn't and had it 8 years...

have u taken spark out to see if there is any spark ..connect to the engine to see if spark?....

if there is, and plugs are getting wet...could be clogged injectors...which makes them leak...best best would be to put some injector cleaner in tank, and try jump start it if possible. ...then run it....if you cannot get it to start by jumping it..dont put cleaner in..no point.....if blocked..u need to get them properly cleaned

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
if it ran then stopped then

its likely fouled plugs

replace them with NEW ones

Do NOT **** with the tank unless it IS leaking.

I just spent 2 hours cleaning sealant ( NEVER use it ) off a tank.

and straightening the flanges (NEVER overtighten the bolts )

I HATE fixing F ups for other people.

You are new so listen and learn and you'll have a good run from your bike

if NEW plugs don't help then look at the tip over sensor and the side stand switch

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
CR8EIX if you dont do long runs and live in a cooler climate

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I made a booboo I needed to remove the fuel pump to make sure all the old gas was out now she leaking like a girl on her period

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
pull clutch in
Bikes in N on stand I hit the start spins over choke engaged I'm going to pull the fuel pump when I get a new gasket and gasket maker cause I heard the fuel tanks leak
To Moyston's point: Do you have to pull the clutch in (EVEN IN NEUTRAL) ? If not, there is your problem. Your clutch switch is broken and you need to fix it or you will keep fouling plugs (especially at idle).

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
When I got it started the first time I didn't use the clutch
Then there is your problem...

Likely the little nipple on your clutch switch broke. Mine did...

My "fix":

I have been meaning to actually fix it, but hell, it works. :lol

Get new plugs, fix the switch, report back...

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
info!
if it starts without the clutch then its not getting the correct run map and it will foul plugs

1 - 20 of 27 Posts