TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ppl,
Im hoping someone can help me, i have a TLR that is not charging well. I first complete the resistance test on the 3 leads comming from the stator and they read 1.4 which is not good. The only issue i have is when i try the "no load" test i get no voltage at all when it should be around 70 volts at 5000rpm. by bike only charges slightly under 13 volts at idle should i replace both the stator and the generator?

Regards
Qmyster

·
Registered
322 Posts
mine charges at 12.5 at idle and less when i rev it, do the charging mod in the frequent mods section, also there is a really good thread about the charging system in there too

·
Registered
29 Posts
The resitance of the stator coils is very low, so 1.4 ohms sounds ok.

When measuring the stator output voltage you did remember to set the meter to AC volts not DC. If it was on DC then it would read 0 volts.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
:stupid

Yes... there is a couple of HUGE write ups on this... Search is your friend. :laugh

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys but i have already done the Various Mods and i still have this issue, i even removed the mods to see if that was the issue which it wasnt the only option i have left is it is the battery so ill get that checked tomorrow....

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
:eatcorn

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts
The board is for fixing problems, not email. Use the board. ;)

:bitchslap :laugh

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey ppl,

It looks like it was electrical after all, i decided to replace the power cable i have running to my battery (fused of course) from the Regulator Rectifier and the bike is running like a dream. It has fixed both my charging issue and the performance issue....

Thanks for all your suggestions, i dont think i would still have this bike if it wasnt for the great advice given on this website.......

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Excellent! :thumbup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts