TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just baught a tl1000r barn find been sitting in a heated shop for like 15 years theres no key so Is there any way to by pass key just to see if it runs I don't have the torx bit it takes to pull the ign and want to see if it will crank and fire up before I go wasting time and money in it can any one help me it's spose to have a new engine on it right before it was parked and I paid 600 byvks for it

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
...wow, sounds like you got a steal of a deal; hope you get her running soon and she works out for you!
Please post some pics so we can see how your new TLR looks?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...wow, sounds like you got a steal of a deal; hope you get her running soon and she works out for you!
Please post some pics so we can see how your new TLR looks?
Got her running now I think it's got oil leak from clutch cover I pulled off cover and cleaned it both side and out a thin layer of silacone the silver stuff and put it back to gather but it's like it's building up pressure or something cause after running for a while it starts leaking again but it was good for like ten min or so

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,610 Posts
hey, so if I understand correctly, there a breather valve for clutch?
There is no "breather valve for the clutch" specifically. However, I'm sure techie96 is referring to the crankcase breather situated between the cylinders in the "V" of the engine. Find the other end of the hose indicated in the diagram on page 8-24 in the TLR manual, and you will find the crankcase breather.

TLR_pg 8-24_hose routing by Tony Six5, on Flickr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts