TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago had done some work on my bike and rode off, noticed the instruments not working, no probs will fix next day thinking was just a plug issue, have now just about rewired the whole thing and replaced the entire panel with a new one, still the only thing that works is the neutral light...:O any idea?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Stupid question, but did you check the instrument panel fuse?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Could be a ground problem. I'd check the grounds in the plug and see if it's (they're) intact.

The neutral light doesn't need a ground as it's grounded via the gear position switch. So it can work. Not the rest that rely on a ground same for the processor that runs the gauges and displays.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
:stupid

most likely a grounding issue, but for the sake of checking easy shit first, check the fuse like crazycat5150 said :thumbup

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we,ve gone through entire harness checking continuity, replaced every dodgy wire and cleaned up every junction point, traced every wire with a schematic diagram,checked all the fuses, nada! Even re soldered all the circuits on the circuit board on the original instruments and tested inputs and out puts of the resistors and so forth, got the #*&#* after days of work and just bought the new cluster, seriously considering another harness now and re doing all the mods to make it work on a streetfighter, the mass of wiring on the side behind the fairing now lives under the seat and was pretty damn ugly in there and even thats now cleaned up, and could just be an earth too we figure it has to be simple,..either that or we are :dowhat

SteveTLS u sound well versed, think ill get my brother to check out what your saying to suss it out more...tks

·
Moderator,
8,244 Posts
we,ve gone through entire harness checking continuity, replaced every dodgy wire and cleaned up every junction point, traced every wire with a schematic diagram,checked all the fuses, nada! Even re soldered all the circuits on the circuit board on the original instruments and tested inputs and out puts of the resistors and so forth, got the #*&#* after days of work and just bought the new cluster, seriously considering another harness now and re doing all the mods to make it work on a streetfighter, the mass of wiring on the side behind the fairing now lives under the seat and was pretty damn ugly in there and even thats now cleaned up, and could just be an earth too we figure it has to be simple,..either that or we are :dowhat

SteveTLS u sound well versed, think ill get my brother to check out what your saying to suss it out more...tks
I think you forgot to add a :rant in there somewhere.:laugh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts