TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Question... I took my bike (trailered) on vacation with me, got there rode over 300 miles while there put the bike back on the trailer, came back home. When I got home and was unloading the bike I had NO front brakes. They were fine when I loaded the bike.

What they are doing, pump the brakes up they are there, as soon as I move the bike foward or back, looses all pressure, I see no leaks and the resivor is still full of fluid. I dont understand what is going on, please advise!!! :hail

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
bent rotor is my guess

the bent rotor pushes the pads out and away when you roll the bike. You then squeeze the brake lever and the distance the pads need to travel is greater than the throw that a squeeze of the lever can deliver.

Check the rotors for runout.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
:stupid

me with the Lion :)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
:devious I did the same thing once. I loaded my tLS and one of the rotors got bent somehow, and what it does, it pushes the piston back in as the wheel turns, and when you pull in the brake, the piston is too far back and thus no brakes! I'm getting to be a pretty good mechanic!
denee'
Oh, support your front wheel and turn it and look for a wobbly rotor.

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
LiononaLeash said:
bent rotor is my guess

the bent rotor pushes the pads out and away when you roll the bike. You then squeeze the brake lever and the distance the pads need to travel is greater than the throw that a squeeze of the lever can deliver.

Check the rotors for runout.
:stupid+2

Ir's rather easy to bend the rotors loading or unloading a bike...

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
OK I was close to the correct answer! lol I always have a spare Used set just in case I do that again!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ne1 got some front "STRAIGHT" rotors they want to part with???

Lemme know, lol....

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Check the rotor carefully. As the rotors float they got a little wacky on the spool things. I had the same problems as you. Got it straight on the spools and it stopped doing that and didn't have the problem again.

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
LiononaLeash said:
Was this occurrance less difficult to diagnose in the days of non-floating brake disks?
I think so. At least non-floating rotors are easier to bend back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts