TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum and thought I would put up a picture of my nitroused TL1000R drag bike for your perusal. Winter project, just finished, raced at Santa Pod and Stratford this year.

Power Commander
Zex Nitrous Kit
Pingel Air Shifter
Shift Minder
Shift Light
10 inch Extended Swingarm
Lowered

Don't believe what they tell you, it still handles and you can still have knee down moments!

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Nice mate - yeh what times did you run :O

and welcome aboard :bigfinger

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
:worthless without more pics and a vid :deal

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Dry shot on the sensor in the airbox, or are you injecting extra fuel too? How much nitrous? Is there an RPM interlock and throttle interlock so that the nitrous will only come on with full throttle above some RPM? Did you lock out the nitrous in first gear? Microswitch on the throttle or using the horn button or some other button? How much nitrous (what size jets)? How big a bottle? What's your impression? Is it still street-legal? Do you ever yse the nitrous on the street? How much injection time can you get from a full bottle? Is the engine stock otherwise?

·
Registered
330 Posts
welcome from sunny Devon.......:bigfinger
bloody nice looking ride dude

whats its 1/4 mile time
kin i have a go?????pleeeeeeeeze

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I don't balls up she runs in the 9s. My pb on her is 9.52 so yea she goes well.

I had the swingarm made at a local tool makers in the UK A&S Tooling. Whoever you get to make one up needs a CNC machine and an oven to heat it up before welding.

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Welcome :bigfinger

I guess you'll know George Laycock who used to drag one and now builds chassis for the TL engine :devious He lives close to me.

Also Les Harris who also Drags one :O

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dry shot on the sensor in the airbox, or are you injecting extra fuel too? How much nitrous? Is there an RPM interlock and throttle interlock so that the nitrous will only come on with full throttle above some RPM? Did you lock out the nitrous in first gear? Microswitch on the throttle or using the horn button or some other button? How much nitrous (what size jets)? How big a bottle? What's your impression? Is it still street-legal? Do you ever yse the nitrous on the street? How much injection time can you get from a full bottle? Is the engine stock otherwise?
The Zex kit is a dry nitrous system, the old trick of spraying it on the airbox temperature sensor does work but wouldn't recommend it otherwise you might be running way too lean and turn your pistons into a molten mush! The best way of doing it is power commander 3 with the fuel mixtures set up on a rolling road up to full throttle, with the mixtures as close to 13.5 at 80% throttle as possible with a tollerance of 11.8 - 14.0. As far as I am aware only the TLR throttle bodies/injectors will deliver this much fuel in stock form.

You can run 100hp gain if your fuel mixtures are bang on. For road use I would only recommend a 60hp gain. The nitrous jet goes into the left hand bottom corner of the airbox with air filter removed.

The throttle interlock is set at 100% throttle, there is no RPM interlock. I use nitrous in first gear.

The Zex bottle is 2lb which fits under the rear hump. Injection time depends on how often you use it, would not recommend anymore than 15 second bursts.

The engine is totally stock as you get more power with nitrous out of a stock engine. It is still street legal and MOT'd.

In my opinion nitrous is the only way to get serious power gains out of a TLR lump as even as stock they are highly tuned.

I think that's everything...phew! Feel free to point out anything I've missed!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome :bigfinger

I guess you'll know George Laycock who used to drag one and now builds chassis for the TL engine :devious He lives close to me.

Also Les Harris who also Drags one :O
I know Les well - I am a member of the Super Twins, he was a font of knowledge when I was building mine.

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
I know Les well - I am a member of the Super Twins, he was a font of knowledge when I was building mine.
I was chatting to him on Sunday :thumbup

I have my own little ongoing project to beat you nitrous boys....:devious

·
Registered
334 Posts
this could get interesting :eatcorn

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Go Sam ....... GO you good thing, GOOOO

·
Registered