TLZone Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must be having a mid life crisis,

I just stayed up all night to buy the Nintendo Wii at Best Buy.

I sit outside in sub 30 degree's temps to get the unit. My brother set with me.

I was outside from 10:30PM last night until 9:00AM this morning.

I picked up the system, extra controller, and two game Zelda, and Excite Truck, The guy in front of me decided at the last minutes that he wanted to sale his ticket so I bought it and got a second unit :crazy

Thinking about tossing it on Ebay to see what happens. :dunno

·
Registered
603 Posts
Definately a good idea to sell on ebay. PS3's are going for as much as 1800. How much was the wii?

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
So Christmas is coming up and you are quitting your job with nothing else to fall back on.
You had to return the company owned monitor you had and are looking for a new one that you can afford, in the $300 range I believe.
Yet you can afford two (2) PS3's.:coocoo
Ya Del - I think you are having a mid life crisis.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Wii's not PSIII's there moto:D

Good move Dell, you should be able to sell the second for enough to cover the price of both or close to it, or sell both and put the $$ in the bank.

Just checked the completed listings on e-gay. Looks like $700-750 is the going rate. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Even from a strait up financial standpoint it makes total sense provided dell didn't have anything importaint to do rather than wait in line. He made roughly a 100% roi over night. You'd be hard pressed to match that even day trading commodities or something:D

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moto You do have a decent point but this is what I really like doing, buying and selling, taking risks, I do respect you though and believe me I'm hearing the same from the wife but I think I'll be alright. :dunno

I can't say it won't be tough but we will be okay.

BTW. There are other reasons for leaving besides I did not like it anymore. Let's just say if I stick around, things could go south quickly or observe the signs and move on. I chose to observe the signs. I can't say it won't be tough but... well in the long run it's best for me.

Pics of the Wii System, BTW the cabinet has one coat of stain on it as of now.

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
Del, this community is kind of like one large extended family - at least that's the way that I look at it.
That being said, I look at you as a family member as I do alot of others here.
Family should be able to get on each others butts from time to time.
I'm just concerned for ya Del, there's no malice behind my words lately.
Just showing a bit of concern is all and I'm hoping that things work out for you. :yes

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I appreciate that and that's why I stick around. I'm stubborn and need advice all the time. Sometimes I don’t do well with the advice but at least I have been given the opportunity to hear it. :hail

I love this place. Thanks

BTW i just saw a Wii sytem with extra's sell for just over a grand.

The question remains to hold out or list it now.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Sell it now dell, after christmas you'll be able to buy as many as you like for MSRP or better. All you miss out on by selling it now is a month and a half of playing with it and I'm sure you've plenty to do with family and all around christmas. In fact, I'd sell them both now, then buy another if its what ya want later on with the prices come down.

have fun

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wii

Nintendo guaranteed that there would be enough Wii's for christmas.The next shipment comes in 2 days to gamestop .They made like 2 million of them .Already got mine ordered for the kids .

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Good point I might have to lower the reserve price and auction time period.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Sell em now before they are no longer a hot commodity. Like skipper said...they dont make barely enough like sony.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Yeah I think you might, ebay is getting flooded with them today. Price is already down ~$200 compared to earlier this morning. use the completed items search to see what they are selling for.

good luckl:thumbup

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
i'd plop both of them up on ebay if it was me. come new years, you'll be able to get them at a sane price again. This way you'll make some cash, and be set, with just missing a month of video gaming :O

-:banana

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'd put it on there NOW for a BUY IT NOW of 750 or so, cause there are TONS of these units available. They are nothing like the PS3

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, that's the risk you take buying an selling. No sale as of now.

So I guess I'll have two of them

Might wait until around Christmas and see what happens are post locally and see what happens.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts