TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive actually been here for around a year now but just now found this new member intro dealy. I have an 02 TLR that i bought clapped out for $900 with the intention of using it as a proof of concept for an electric conversion idea i have. It still ran but the trans was granaded so one day i decided "f#@! It lets start it up" once i heard that beautiful noise it made i just couldnt bring myself to silence it. So i started snagging parts and chipping away at it. So far i might sound like a guy that must have a few brain cells but heres where ill prove otherwise. Until i bought this one i never so much as sat on a street bike let alone rebuild one from top to bottom. Yes thats right a 02 TL1000R is my first bike... its worth mentioning i have some great riding coaches and as far as the rebuild is concerned im an electrician/cnc technician of 17 years, aint much other there i haven't taken a wrench to. Shes far from finished but mechanically soeaking shes in as good of shape as ever i still need a few things. And im trying to decide if i want to go through with an idea i have. I was thinking about. I was thinking of not necessarily ratrod but sort of a nicer mad max sort of vibe. Anyhow im mike and im from central PA. Id love to met up with other TL people in the area and go for a rip together and learn the ways of the TL from another owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No doubt. It sorta of gives me the idea of doing a vinwiki for them so we can see how many are still out there running. Once i heard it i new i wss hooked and it had to be rebuilt.

·
Registered
20 Posts
you got a pretty one! I like those cans too, they look to be cut down, no? I'm in chester county, let me know if you're ever out here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right you are sir. I didnt stop there either. They're sort of just for show. See i like the look but i like the sound of the straight pipes. So i fitted pieces of 2" stainless tube inside then on the right hand side i made a baffle out of perforated stainless steel to get some of the back pressure back which it worked out perfectly. Its loud but its not so ridiculous you dont want to be seen on it. It has such a sweet crack when you start it.
Chester ey? We should get a meet going for this summer yet. Oh man... a bunch of TLs terrorizing the streets. Thats thevstuff dreams are made of.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You gotta post a video or two to the tube! Maybe I'll do something similar with my yoshis and we can make old women cry xD

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You gotta post a video or two to the tube! Maybe I'll do something similar with my yoshis and we can make old women cry xD
Old ladies and mini vans with the stick figure families on the back window... they're the worst.
Ill see about making vidjayo tomorrow. I just put a second baffle in the right side to even out the back pressure and man does it sound gnarly now and theres no lag. She all ass now baby cakes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also have you ridden yours around with a Hawaiian t-shirt on yet? Because i gotta say it quadruples the badassery factor straight out of the gate. Got pulled over and the cop gave me a fine an said "save some pu55y for the rest of us, bro!"
Alright i might have made that last part up, it sounded good tho. Lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts