TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Ok, I'm new around here so bear with me.
I have got my 97 TLS booked in (tomorrow) for some dyno runs and ecu remapping etc. Mainly because I want to smooth out 3-4k stumbling (and back-firing, etc.), but also because my mech guy reckons he can extract quite a few extra horses with some or other new gizmo they now got (don't ask!??? ).
Anyway, the things I need to know are this:
1) am I right in thinking that the UK ECU 02F01, which I have, is the recall replacement unit for 02F00?
2) And if so, is it correct that this unit (02F01) will have the timing restrictions as in the case of later models?
3) And, if this is the case, fitting a TRE would indeed help in smoothing out lower rpm throttle response, etc?

Lastly, how can I tell (physically, or otherwise) if a TRE has already been fitted?

I know this info is probably aready posted somewhere, and I have searched, but it would help me greatly if someone could just tell me along with any other advice you might have

Many thanks in advance for humoring a daft old git!:)

Doc

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
1. Pretty sure - as that is the case in Australia

2. Yep

3. Yep

and Dr. ............ if you have a TRE already, it will be located just under the rear right hand side front plastic, near the frame, above the water pump.
If you pull the plastic out, you will see a cannister joined into your loom :)

Hope that helps :O

Beaza

·
Registered
813 Posts
I think the one to have is 02F00 as it is the original ECU for the 97 TLS
Dont think you need a TRE on a 97 TLS (but could be wrong)
Make sure you do the TPS and Throttle Valve Sync before remapping as it made a night and day difference on my 97 TLS....(went from super jerky just under 4K to smooth.....also went from sounding like it was underpowered to being a rocket ship...well a 97 rocketship)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, that's a great help :) - I don't think I will have time to do the tps and throttle body sync now - think I will probably have to book her in again later. Trouble is, just starting out with this bike and still at the bottom of the learning curve, so to speak.
Is there anything else I should do, or know about?

(btw, problem = the bike is magic top end, pulls like a train up to and beyond 150mph+, it's the lower and mid-range that seems all over the place :confused )

Thanks again, this site and you guys really are brilliant!!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Don’t bother with the dyno runs and ecu remapping etc
Until you have dun the tps and throttle body sync
Until theas two are correct nothing else will work correctly

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
TPS and throttle body sync will go a long way to helping with part throttle running of the engine. A TRE will possible help too (but doesn't always have the same effect on all bikes :crazy).

------------------

:edit Too slow, what Pad said :stupid

1 - 6 of 6 Posts