TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Were you specifically after a streetfighter? It would definately be worth less than a standard bike. I reckon a good standard TLR of this age and mileage is worth £1800 max. As a streetfighter, no more than £1200?
Have you ridden unfaired bikes before? There will be much more wind blast.
Assuming your bike is in good standard condition with relatively low mileage I would think its worth more than this TL.
Have you considered an S? Better looking, less plastic, cheaper and more fun? :devious

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
tim is right, i would think your 9 will be worth morethan that tiller, any way if he wanted to lose some weight of it he should have removed the big fat arse end not the fairings:laugh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Were you specifically after a streetfighter? It would definately be worth less than a standard bike. I reckon a good standard TLR of this age and mileage is worth £1800 max. As a streetfighter, no more than £1200?
Have you ridden unfaired bikes before? There will be much more wind blast.
Assuming your bike is in good standard condition with relatively low mileage I would think its worth more than this TL.
Have you considered an S? Better looking, less plastic, cheaper and more fun? :devious
Cheers guys,

Not specifically after a streetfighter but had thought about 'fightering the '9. Been watching TL's a lot on ebay recently and have found that the 'R's are very hard to find under £2000. Can't afford to spend more than what the '9 is worth which is probably around £1600 - £1700.

I've had a '97 TLS before and don't fancy one again :(. I like fat arses - well that's what I tell the missus!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Depends what sort of thing your after mate. I just bought a crash damaged TLR of ebay for £1200. It's complete, with cans and a few other aftermarket goodies, but 100% complete.

Bargains can be had if you don't mind spending a little time on them.

I don't agree with the "streetfighters are worth less" comment. If they are done correctly, they can actually be worth more than standard bikes. But 99% of the time people pull of the fairing and stick on some horrible half fairing. Looks a bit W&NK. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts