TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i just filled up and pulled up at my job and noticed my right leg was drenched!! Took a look and saw fuel coming out of my tank and lots of it...Im a newb, and havent played or looked at the Fuel system or Gas tank... I took a pic to show where it coming from...is there a hose that it supposed to go here? :O (the red arrow). never noticed it b4 lol..im at work and my manual is on my home pc...was hoping it was a quick fix...thanks alot....

View attachment 20914
View attachment 20915

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Yep, I'm pretty sure there should be a hose there. IF its like the TLS and I remember correctly, that's the overflow vent - if you get any fuel above where the fuel cap seals (or the fuel expands after you've filled up) it should go out the overflow vent and onto the ground. Normally a hose would route it from that outlet down behind the clutch cover and onto the ground to the side of the tire (not right in front of it:scared).

In the pic it looks like part of the hose is still on the outlet too:)

good luck

·
Registered
813 Posts
looks like you have a broken hose..
On the TLS one hose is overflow the other is a return line (i think)

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I see someone fixed the other leak too :laugh

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Just checked the TLR manual, it is the tank fuel overflow. The old pipe may still be under there somewhere, just cut off the broken bit and reconect it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
paul.haydock said:
Just checked the TLR manual, it is the tank fuel overflow. The old pipe may still be under there somewhere, just cut off the broken bit and reconect it.
cant find it anywhere...i dont even know how it came off...do you have the part # or can i buy a regular hose from the autoparts store that will fit and reconnect??

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
take another hose of the same diameter off and just get some at an autoparts store.

or cut a small amount off of one of the other hoses, no need to buy the oem part.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
on the tls ,the overflow from the coolant also hooks into the same overflow outlet pipe .just trace your pipe from the coolant until you come to the t junction ,you should find your pipe ( if it's the same as the tls ) .:O

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Big Red said:
on the tls ,the overflow from the coolant also hooks into the same overflow outlet pipe .just trace your pipe from the coolant until you come to the t junction ,you should find your pipe ( if it's the same as the tls ) .:O
ok i just found that line and it looks like it was broken off..but it didnt make sense to me because i didnt think the fuel overflowed into the same overflow tank as the radiator. BUt now im thinking that it does because you just pointed that out. Maybe the R and S are setup the same. I dont have a manual because im still at work so im f*cked until i can see a diagram of the lines....

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
It doesn't flow into the coolant overflow tank, but they may be connected at the bottom of the bike to flow onto the ground. You want a hose connected to that tube to keep fuel from spilling on a hot engine and possibly causing a fire. The tube will route it around the engine onto the nice cool pavement....unless your in Texas or Arizona, then the pavement could be hotter than the engine. :)

·
14,150 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
JASEN, U R THE MAN!! THAT IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!! THANKS ALOT EVERYONE!! MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Now my only concern is how much should be coming out of there.. It seemed like ALOT!! was gushing out. It literally soaked my pants...

·
14,150 Posts
np, you caught me sitting at the right computer. Glad to be of service.

·
14,150 Posts
Um...screenshot from the manual in pdf. :coocoo

·
14,150 Posts
:lol Things are never quite as complicated as they first seem.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
toeknee2gx said:
JASEN, U R THE MAN!! THAT IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!! THANKS ALOT EVERYONE!! MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Now my only concern is how much should be coming out of there.. It seemed like ALOT!! was gushing out. It literally soaked my pants...
It should be only an overflow. Look in your fuel tank, see the little sealing surface? Any fuel that gets into the recessed area above that goes right out the overflow hose so if you overfill the tank then its not too uncommon to have some fuel come out the overflow vent.

I think there is also a fuel return hose or something like that on the underside of the tank - I know there's a hose you can pull off to drain the tank, be sure not to mix up that one and the vent!

good luck

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
toeknee2gx said:

I dont think I ever had any come out

1 - 20 of 24 Posts