1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
The new track is going to be similar in design to Oran Park - flowing, fast enough but with better facilities. Somewhere near Badgery's Creek is the rumoured location.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,857 Posts
No matter where they propose to put it, someone with blue hair will object. :banghead

I might lodge one too. It's too far from here :laugh

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
From what i've read, it is supposed to be an identical track layout and the old curcuit will be redeveloped into a housing estate...

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Steve TLS said:
No matter where they propose to put it, someone with blue hair will object. :banghead

I might lodge one too. It's too far from here :laugh
dont bet on it mate. This one will be fully funded by Tony Perich. Sure the greenies will have a say, and probably some neighbours, but I believe that the government has a positive view on it as they wont be forking out any $$.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
that would be great if they redid the track the same but with better pitts and viewing areas like grand stands have allways liked oran park much more fun to ride then eastern creek i hope it goes ahead

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
days said:
that would be great if they redid the track the same but with better pitts and viewing areas like grand stands have allways liked oran park much more fun to ride then eastern creek i hope it goes ahead
Apparently that is the intension... They want to build "International standard facilities" while retaining the same track layout

·
Registered
303 Posts
Bugger you blokes at sydney you already have eastern creek build the track at new castle so us boys have somewhere local to do track days.:laugh

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
tlsforever said:
Bugger you blokes at sydney you already have eastern creek build the track at new castle so us boys have somewhere local to do track days.:laugh
There is plans for a track at Newcastle. Between Raymond TearArse & Medowie. Where the hillclimb is held. It's been planned for some 4 or 5 years now. I will let you know how thats going as soon as I hear. My dad is very good mates with the pres of the mob thats trying to get this going. A decision from the courts/land enviro mob is due in the next 10-14 days I believe.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
twins? hmm said:
Hopefully it'll retain the natural amphitheatre thing it's got going on now! Future GP in NSW maybe? :)
Not at least till 2012 :devious

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
twins? hmm said:
two gp races in oz a year! Now that would be special...
:stupid now ya talking - but i serriously doubt it

·
Registered
303 Posts
gouldo said:
There is plans for a track at Newcastle. Between Raymond TearArse & Medowie. Where the hillclimb is held. It's been planned for some 4 or 5 years now. I will let you know how thats going as soon as I hear. My dad is very good mates with the pres of the mob thats trying to get this going. A decision from the courts/land enviro mob is due in the next 10-14 days I believe.

Sweet
hope I'm still young enough we it is completed.:laugh

1 - 15 of 15 Posts