TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to come over from the Dark Side, I currenlty have a Ducati.
Can blame Posh Johnny for this.
Want to spend up to £2500, what sort of thing can I expect and what should I look out for other than the usual?
Also which in your expert opinions is better TLS or TLR? If they are both available in my price range
Thanks all for your help

Ttam

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
First, Welcome! :bigfinger

Second, the "R" is the more Refined choice. :devious

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Welcome Ttam :bigfinger
Def go for an R :devious

BTW where are you based?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hi m8, dont listern to these lot S is Sexy, dont ya forget that, you want the women dont ya :p

Things to look out thou on a S is rear dmaper bolts/frame can crack, so check that when you buy it, normally happens i been told when ya lift that front end up alot :)

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Have you noticed that the only response for an s was full of issues the s has? Get the :ytiller and be happy, very happy :devious

BTW welcome :bigfinger

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
It's true that the fat-ass TLR tank has less frame issues, but I guess that's a trade off.

Of course, my vote is for the much sexier S. :)

Why don't you look at both, maybe you can test ride some? Take what's best for you. I don't regret my choice a bit. I don't like hiding such a beautiful piece of machinery behind plastics... The R is like an ugly girl wearing way too much makeup trying to hide it. :dowhat

Whatever your choice, welcome to the Zone!! :bigfinger

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
first :bigfinger second..... Go the TL "R" much less problem and a hell of a lot better AND quicker bike ( especially the blue/white ones) :hail :devious

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
:) TL Ttam welcome to the zone mate :bigfinger , Being a friend of Posh Johnny :O we wont hold that against you , check this out on e-bay item number 190043802639 , looks ok to me :)

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Hi Matt, glad you found your way here ok
CLICKY HERE FOR PICS
check out Rupes TL of the year 2005 I think
Follow the above link to see how nice both can be with a little TLC.
Notice all the yanks say R and most of the brits say S.
Both are good choices IMO.
So are we shopping for one soon :O

By the way welcome :bigfinger

·
Registered
568 Posts
AllyMC said:
first :bigfinger second..... Go the TL "R" much less problem and a hell of a lot better AND quicker bike ( especially the blue/white ones) :hail :devious
+1

Oh and Welcome

:bigfinger

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
welcome to the zone dude...:bigfinger both bikes are fantastic......but it's an easy choice to make:O :tillis

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have had the honour of having owned both and.......for me the R gets it.....just!!

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
The only comment I would add is to try and find one with the important bits (damper, forks, PCII, full system, 6 pots, etc.) already sorted, and if you can get a '97 S :devious :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I have an S but would prefer an R. However the S is the one that started the whole widow maker story and that comes with status!! :laugh

·
I was Ukgixxerman
2,072 Posts
tlsgreen said:
I have an S but would prefer an R
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
:rant :rant :rant how dare you say such an insult to us ''S'' owners:laugh :laugh that would be just like me saying i own a TLS but wish i had an SV1000:devious :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
UKJeff said:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
:rant :rant :rant how dare you say such an insult to us ''S'' owners:laugh :laugh that would be just like me saying i own a TLS but wish i had an SV1000:devious :laugh :laugh
In an ideal world I would have both sat next to each other but having had the S it would be rude not to try the R. Bit like twin sisters you would have to try em both just to see the difference!! :laugh :devious

1 - 20 of 27 Posts