TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Just a quick intro. Came on here looking for a service manual but after reading some of the posts I think I might stick around.

I've had my 2000 TLR for a couple of years but the poor thing has spent the last 12 months or so sitting in the garage because of sudden medical reasons. The worst bit is that it had been used a couple of times in the sh*tty weather beforehand and has been left like that ever since so its as rusty in bits as my riding will be when I finally get back on it.

Went out to it today and removed the battery to give it a good charge, and plan to strip it down and clean up all the cacky bits in time for MOT & tax probably early March.

Cheers all, and no doubt I'll be asking lots of stoopid questions when I can't remember even how to start it up :laugh

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
welcome fella

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
welcome dude . . get your tent ready for the bmf : )

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome to the Zone ...........:bwtiller

·
Registered
460 Posts
Welcome! :thumbup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers all :hail

Well it looks like the battery may be toast, its been on the charger all night and just won't go above 50%. I'll give the neighbours a chance to wake up first and then I'll see if it'll turn over. To be honest the battery is pretty much due for renewal anyway being 5 years old.

I haven't got any pics of it on the computer since I managed to lose the contents of the hard drive on the old computer, so apologies for the poor quality (in every way :laugh) but here is one that I used [embarrassingly] as a FB profile pic for a while.

Not a lot is different from the pic except now I've got the pillion pegs so the daughter could come on the back and the front indicators are now the same as the rears (taken from my mates old Bandit 650).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts