TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all new to this site just found it was hard to find though , had my tlr about a month and love it had all sorts of bikes from gpz to cb znd zx7r and rfs and now got the bike i was meant to have as i lost interest in the bikes then got the tlr renewed my love for them cant get enough even though ive stripped it to be painted and have a load of polishing done . just thought ide say hi anyways .

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
hey dude. traditional tl z welcome:bigfinger

did u make that robot by the same name off robot wars:O

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
:bigfinger welcome apply now to your credit card companies for a limit increase and bank for overdraft increase .:laugh

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Hi :bigfinger always glad to make room for another TLR :devious :thumbup :bwtiller

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
paul.haydock said:
Hi :bigfinger always glad to make room for another TLR :devious :thumbup :bwtiller
re the tre do they really work and make the bike that much different cheers .

·
Registered
451 Posts
tlr///smidsy said:
re the tre do they really work and make the bike that much different cheers .
yes.

search the boards, there is a wealth of knowledge/opinion....

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
tlr///smidsy said:
cheers for that think ill have to invest in one now .
Also try the 1/5 throttle insert, power commander, race pipes:devious how big is your wallet:O Doesn't really matter, once you start:banghead it's addictive but well worth it:laugh :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
138 Posts
:bigfinger Welcome, always great to have another member in the cult. The bike will get more addictive everytime you ride it. Ive had mine for a yr and 1/2 and cant get enuff of it. :cheers Welcome again!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Welcome to the group! These guys are a wealth of knowledge, ask a question and ye shall receive an answer promptly. Just like the saying for the PGA and LPGA, "These guys are good!"

Welcome and stay safe! The v-twin is quite extraordinary.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome:bigfinger The TRE is great kills the lower gear part acceleration stumbles, you won't actually gain power, but the bike will feel faster, and more responsive. I made one myself with a relay and a resistor (5 bucks), anyone that can solder can do it, stevetls (a mod here) has a wiring diagram on his web page, changes the bike for the better :)

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
welcome to the asylum... the TL isn't a bike.... it's a way of life..

TRE is a great inexpensive mod, do build one yourself or get a kit to build one from JSDproducts.com. DO NOT PAY THE INSANE MONEY THEY WANT ON EBAY...

The best money saving tip I can give you, come here and ask (or do a search here) about anything you are thinking about doing. If it's for the TL it's been tried here at least once and you will get a no bull cheeze answer as to if it is worth the coin or not.

come here and ask about parts first, someone usually has what you need and at a significantly reduced price, then go to egay, then to RonAyers.com..... and finally if no other place on earth has what you need.... then the stealership.

1/5th throttle insert is another good, inexpensive mod...

The TL is an amazing machine... you can make it more amazing, just depends on how much more amazing you can afford.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
:bigfinger Hiya!! hope you're well prepared to become poor :) These 'bike's are addictive & full of character!! It's true, you'll get no-shit answers off here :hail An incredible depth of worthwhile knowledge from all over the World :thumbup

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome to the site mate.

SMIDSY- Sorry mate I didn't see you.?..
I like it.

I have a TLR in the same color mate. Did you remove the yellow strips from the tail uint? Any more piccies?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts