·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
****NEW ROUTES ONLY HASHED TOGETHER QUICKLY SO OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS***

Day One Sunday 27th May 2007
East Lancs Road/M6 Service Station (Off junction 23 M6) -> Oban 405 miles
1st meet and refuel Depart East Lancs at 0745
0930 Stop at Hartside for breakfast and a stretch (45 min stop)
10.15 Depart Hartside to Alston for refuel (111 miles since last refuel)
14.00 Arrive at lunch stop/refuel (112 miles since last refuel)
15.45 Somewhere West of Loch Lomond (104 miles since refuel)
18.00 Arrive at Oban

Day Two Monday 28th May 2007 (Bank holiday)
Oban -> Oban 256 miles (6Hrs 40 Mins)

Fuel Stops and Dinner TBA

Day Three Tuesday 29th May 2007
Oban -> Fort Augustus-. 262 miles (7Hrs)

Day Four Wednesday 30th May 2007
Isle of Skye-. 274 miles (7hrs 30 mins)

Day Five Thursday 31st May 2007
Applecross 258 miles (8 hours)

Day Six Friday 1st June 2007
Fort Augustus to Aberfeldy 256 Miles (6 Hrs 40 Mins)

·
Registered
155 Posts
:banana :banana :banana John looks good to me but i might have a rest day or at least run a short root for 1 or 2 days. don't want what happend to me last year to happen again thankyou very much!!! :banana :banana :banana

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
:hail only 17ish days to go , getting quite excited now :devious
ps that Steve who does the tyres , what a top bloke :hail :)

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you been to see him then Micky, kettle was on :rant

I have commited to buy a new set of Diablo 111 Corsa from Beggsy £195 fitted :scared

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
:) Nice one John we dont want our leader doing a Richara3 or a Banana Man:banghead We need to keep you upright as much as possible :laugh :laugh :)
£195 small price to pay for peace of mind

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
:banana :banana :banana John looks good to me but i might have a rest day or at least run a short root for 1 or 2 days. don't want what happend to me last year to happen again thankyou very much!!! :banana :banana :banana
might join you on that one....:)
this is gonna rock:)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Hiya Kev ya big snoring bastard how are you doing? Bringing the SV this yr? It will be good to see you again..

The last time I saw you on a bike you threw yourself down the road...last time you saw me on a bike I threw myself into a gravel trap at donnington...Are you seeing the common theme...

We had better keep our eyes shut this yr mate ...

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey last time I saw you Andy I was limping having jumped off at 100 mph,
ITS YOU, you are banned :nana

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Have you been to see him then Micky, kettle was on :rant

I have commited to buy a new set of Diablo 111 Corsa from Beggsy £195 fitted :scared

John get £40 back from pirelli.....in MCN this week...send your receipt and a voucher ( download from www.pirelli.co.uk) and send to pirelli see website for terms and conditions.....I am going to look now...:)

There is a disclaimer about having at least 2mm of tread across 75% of the old tyres you removed to get these fitted...:dowhat

·
Registered
3,648 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
:banana :banana not long to go now lads. andy yes i'm on the sv this year. been practicing the snoring. you can here me from two blocks away now :devious :devious

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Its going to be especially good this yr I can feel it in my wee:) .I hope the weather changes for the better though.We have had rain for the past few days and its been chilly again. We had almost 20 deg C a week or so ago...
I will do a special dance in the garden and scatter some bones around to influence the weather gods failing an improvement in the weather at least it will surprise the neighbours...:laugh

Kev mate I will give you a chance to ride the beast..:dowhat .The TLR that is...Ive a soft spot for the sv myself and wouldnt mind a wee go on yours...In the last 13 yrs all ive ridden is my tlr and a new gix 1000.the more the merrier as they say.

·
Registered
155 Posts
:banana :banana I'll take you up on that andy! dont now weather i could cope with a reduction in aceleration though!!! cos of the extra wieght!!!! lol

·
Registered
295 Posts
day 3, point 7-8 cock bridge to tomintoul. for those of you that have never been i can tell you that you are in for a real treat.

pitty i cant make it. might try and get friday the 1st off and maybe meet in huntly (point 5) as thats not too far from me. would be great to meet some of you guys.

greg

1 - 20 of 80 Posts