TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It must be the approach of winter, but I really want to build a new rear suspension for the R. I have a Penske and I love it, but I know most people do not want to spend that much. I have no idea what the final cost would be, but I'm thinking $500 might be possible. Shooting for a triple adj and a link. Let me know if you are interested, and I'm sure an S version would wind up being a by product of this.

·
Registered
301 Posts
new rear suspension

By triple adj and a link are you shooting for a shock and link group buy build or do you have something else in mind?

I am at least interested in the possibility of being able to adjust the rear up and down. :eatcorn

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
If i didnt have my shinny gold Ohlins :devious i would be in :laugh

Maybe for my next TL ......... thinking of a track slut :)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I am not looking at this thread, I am not looking at this thread.........

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
:stupid

actually i have been putting away for an ohlins for sometime now, i guess ill have to see what comes first.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Any more thoughts on caliper brackets yet? :D[/QUOTE]

I want caliper brackets also.Whats up with those?

·
Registered
528 Posts
i want anything thats better than the damn poo shock on my s right now! the cheaper the better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ill even put sponsor stickers all over it if its very cheap or free!!!

lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
please be alittle more vague.
do you want to convert a current 3way adj shock for use w/a TLR add a link and offer it for around $500.?! or are you planning on making your own shocks ?!x2

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Speaking of caliper brackets, there is a guy on the RC51 message board at Speedzilla that made a set of caliper brackets to convert the standard brake setup to accept a radial brake setup.
If this is what you guys are suggesting Vandriver build, I am in as well if he can make one work.
Then we might be able to use a newer GSXR 1000 radial brake caliper or equivalent Brembo unit.
Ken

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Speaking of caliper brackets, there is a guy on the RC51 message board at Speedzilla that made a set of caliper brackets to convert the standard brake setup to accept a radial brake setup.
If this is what you guys are suggesting Vandriver build, I am in as well if he can make one work.
Then we might be able to use a newer GSXR 1000 radial brake caliper or equivalent Brembo unit.
Ken
I'm sure a guy called fatblokeonba bought some for his TLR streetfighter

Here's the thread when he was selling his bike

clicky

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Vandriver.Adapters like that would work work.Hell I think I would take 3 pairs of them.I mentioned the idea to a friend and he was very interested.He has a 1998 gsxr 750.Those brake adapters would cover alot of years in the gsxr world as well.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm sure a guy called fatblokeonba bought some for his TLR streetfighter

Here's the thread when he was selling his bike

clicky

hehehe

i was looking for good pics for my desktop

its yours i found

lol

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
I could go either way. An entire fork bottom is nice and a lot more complicated. Adapter plates for the Brembo Goldline 4-pad calipers (conventional mount) would be more than enough for me.
:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup Me too

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I could go either way. An entire fork bottom is nice and a lot more complicated. Adapter plates for the Brembo Goldline 4-pad calipers (conventional mount) would be more than enough for me.

I've got some Brembo Goldline 4 pots & Brembo adapter plates (not for sale), I can always fire up Autocad and produce a drawing if anyone's interested.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts