TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as I have nothing to do I thought I'd buy another project :banghead

The KTM SDR is for sale as it's too much like the TL and too expensive.

So I fancied something cheaper, slower and fun to race in a smaller class to the TL which will also allow me to run two bikes at each meeting.......

So here it is, a Kawasaki ER6-F or EX650R to you guys from over the pond. 2006 Model with 5K miles

I've had it a week and nearly finished the triples to allow me to get the GSXR Radial forks to fit in a modified lower TLR triple and LSL top yoke with modified risers to take fat bars, stripped it naked, fitted the Rizoma Rearsets, bought a 5.5" SRAD rear wheel to shoehorn in for better rubber choice, shorty levers arrived today.......

Just need to sort out an exhaust and do some homework on engine mods :devious

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Nice little project; I need something like that for when the TL is waiting fore the next mods::laugh (I was gonna say finished, but that probably won't happen - not when you can get bigger bores, and reduced squishes etc:lol).

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts
Nice project. It'll be interesting to see what you turn it into :devious

·
Registered
2,684 Posts

·
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
400 Posts
I won't bother asking how much you paid Sam, it'll piss me right off!

Hopefully I'm going shopping in the winter for the same reason :devious

Which reminds me, I need to give Ian a call tonight :laugh

·
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
400 Posts
Git! Did you have fun transporting it? I bet you were looking for a milk crate :laugh

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
nice score - shoud be a hoot. and stop properly too.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
There was one of them at the island last week, with ZXR fairings, clip,ons, can etc. Didnt see it go out on the track but was definately eye catching. looks trick with the tube frame

·
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Git! Did you have fun transporting it? I bet you were looking for a milk crate :laugh
Nah, layed it on it's side on a fork lift and slid it into my estate car :thumbup

Luckily the TLR bottom triple I used was deep enough so I didn't need to machine a new spindle to gain the extra few mm I needed for the deeper ER6 headstock, so I pressed out the spindle, deepened the circlip recess and pressed back in.

For some reason the lock stop tab on the ER6 frame is offset, but anyway I milled off the TLR stop and milled a couple of flat surfaces on the bottom triple for the new stops.

I re-used the top dust cover and turned down a TL castle nut to fit inside

Job done, one pair of K3 GSXR1000 forks in place, even when flush with the top yoke they are still 14mm shorter than the ER6 forks, so might need a steering damper or extra preload :laugh Just need to machine the riser clamp holes wider for the KTM Fat Bars.

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts
Looking good....do you ever sleep? :laugh

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
love how you put it in the back of the car :laugh

1 - 20 of 33 Posts