1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
holy f..k that`s hot :hail

·
Registered
976 Posts
I thought about drilling holes in mine.That looks awesome.

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Same layout as last time? 6-spring plates only?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
4 now... My 5 bolt 97 clutch works just fine

·
Registered
6,760 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Dammit we're just teasing ourselves, Van needs 15 minimum to do the 5 bolt plates. :banghead

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
h0ssman said:
Dammit we're just teasing ourselves, Van needs 15 minimum to do the 5 bolt plates. :banghead
I thought that if we could get 10 people for the 5bolt, then he MIGHT be willing to try it for us.
Of course, I know that it would be more expensive for us as he should be able to cover the cost+profit out of 10 pieces instead of 15+ but .. heck... think that those pieces would be just unique.....
For me, it would work fine if it could come true....

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hmmm, a complete swap would run about how much? You'd need a clear clutch cover, a spiffy new pressure plate, a new basket, and all the plates? Anything else? Are there lightweight aftermartket baskets out there for decreased rotating mass, or just the OEM option?

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Pfunk said:
Hmmm, a complete swap would run about how much? You'd need a clear clutch cover, a spiffy new pressure plate, a new basket, and all the plates? Anything else? Are there lightweight aftermartket baskets out there for decreased rotating mass, or just the OEM option?

Pfunk, what bike do you have?
If it's a 97TLS, we have one and only chance to get a pressure plate from Van here
http://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73068

·
Registered
795 Posts
Well, it's a "99" since the Japanese list it when it is first registered, but it is a TL1000SV, so I believe it is a 97. I have had to swap over to the later cooling system and crankcase breather already so swapping over to the six-bolt clutch, especially if I can reduce rotating mass via an aftermarket billet basket, makes more sense. If it is just for looks I am less likely to be interested as I already have a Graves billet clutch cover, so right now I am just doing a preliminary investigation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts