TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thats all i wanted to say....changed the plugs last night, they were pretty shot i believe, man these new ones are great. Starts up right as you hit the button, no more sluggish or jerky starts, no low RPM stumbles, all my lost mid range power is back, i still think i need to do the TPS and tb sync, best $19.65 I've spent in a while.
2nd gear pull ups always seemed impossible but now she just wants to climb right up.
:hail NGK
i just hope my gutted pipes,tb valve delete,air box mod doesnt foul em out too quickly.

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts
Ahh, if you think the plugs made a difference, wait until you synch the TBs and set the TPS. Between the three it'll be like having a new bike, and all for only $19.65. :laugh

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i hear ya, i'm pretty sure my TPS is off and the tb's are too, but after watchin that video of the tps and tb sync a few times yesterday it left me :dowhat :dowhat :coocoo :banghead thats pretty much what i looked like after i watched it, so im in the process of tryin to find someone within an hour or so of me to give me a hand...........

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts
Don't sweat it. If you can change the plugs, you can do the TBs and TPS. It's really not that hard, but you do need a little patience to get things right. Just get a gage and go for it. :thumbup

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Uh oh...gotta buy a gauge. Going over that $19.65 mark. :laugh

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i may give it a try, not too much to screw up.....i have searched alot of the threads on the subject and have seen the guage but have no idea what its called or who makes them or where i can get them.....autozone have them maybe?:O

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts
It all depends on what you want to spend. Some have built their own gages, and you can get by with a vacuum gage. I use the Morgan Carbtune myself. Resonably priced, easy to use and good service too. If you're planning on doing it more than once, a good setup is probably the way to go.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Make a ghetto sync tool. works like a charm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts