·
Registered
600 Posts
What happened Chuck ?

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey buddy -thanks for the offer of help in my other thread.

Yeah I been hearing a slight knock for a couple hundred miles. Today I took her just down the road and she started knocking really lound.

I got her home and tore her apart -I noticed some coolant was on the ground -not much just a couple drops. I could smell the sweet smell of coolant and unburned fuel. I pulled the oil drain plug and found this:

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
DUDE! Major props on using the macro mode on your camera! :thumbup

Too many blurry up close pics on here. :)

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Did you notice I was already the current high bidder?

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
OK Chuck, you got it if want it. My max bid is 200 right now, I can stop for you to get it. Gimme a call, 562 477 1193. It can be retrieved somehow. But if you don't want to bid against me, and want me to bid for you just in case it goes for less than $200 then I'm going to need to raise my bid to your max. But it's likely to exceed 200 with more than 4 days to go, that will go into the weekend. But the off-season has begun... I'd recommend you just bid yourself. Just bid your max and beg your friends on TLPLANET and TLZONE not to bid against you.

Best would be to just sit tight for a few days until my max is exceeded, at the last minute you can still bid the absolute max you'd pay. Just don't forget DOH! If I get it for 200 I'll give it to you for that, but it's not likely.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Last time I shipped one it was strapped to a pallet & sent truck freight.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Have you guys ever used www.uship.com? I had a friend use it and it worked out well for him, shipped a dirt bike across the country for $150.

Basically you list where you have something and where you need it shipped. People traveling that direction looking for gas money will bid to do the shipping for you. In the case of my friend they were coming down here to pick up a horse. So their horse trailer was empty on the way down and they bid to ship his dirt bike in the horse trailer. Could work out well for you.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cyclecamper said:
OK Chuck, you got it if want it. My max bid is 200 right now, I can stop for you to get it. Gimme a call, 562 477 1193. It can be retrieved somehow. But if you don't want to bid against me, and want me to bid for you just in case it goes for less than $200 then I'm going to need to raise my bid to your max. But it's likely to exceed 200 with more than 4 days to go, that will go into the weekend. But the off-season has begun... I'd recommend you just bid yourself. Just bid your max and beg your friends on TLPLANET and TLZONE not to bid against you.

Best would be to just sit tight for a few days until my max is exceeded, at the last minute you can still bid the absolute max you'd pay. Just don't forget DOH! If I get it for 200 I'll give it to you for that, but it's not likely.
That is amazingly cool of you to even suggest that :hail -I was kidding with ya -I could never do that, it is against my "man rules". Its right up there with not banging a friends wife! :laugh

I'm looking for a motor that is a little more solid than that. Have you seen the ones that milehightlr and delong31 has? They all look pretty good. Not sure if I want my ass riding on an ebay motor... I hope you steal that thing for CHEAP

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
You may very well be better off re-building your motor than getting a new one. That way you will know for sure that its good plus you can put all sorts of spiffy bits in it:devious

Wiseco 12:1 pistions are ~$300 for a set, carrillow rods show up on e-gay from time to time.....:D

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pilot -I like the way you think!

However, I like to take my time and do it right. It will probably take a year. If I go forward with it, it will have the latest and greatest race parts. I am also thinking about re-casing the center case so the engine can be fitted with a turbo. I could even make it an iron case -who cares about 10 pounds when you have 300+ HP...

If /when I can't be down, I have to be able to ride. As I go through the process I will be leaning on you for help.

·
Registered
204 Posts
hey chuck I know a guy locally that has a mint R motor with less then a 500 miles on it , i was going to put in my bike but moving to a new apartment , so I have to start wisely spending money . If you're interested i can find out what kind of price he's looking for .
Ryan

1 - 20 of 32 Posts