TLZone Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 1997 T1000S and it need some mods and upgrade :) look like this is the place to get some inspiration :)

The bike have been fitted with Yoshimura RS3, kn filter, brembo slave cylinder.

Im not sure what kinda mods that have been done to the bike yet.
It look like it have A TLR water thermostate housing with sensor.

My plans are:
- check valve clearance
-airfilter mod
-external fuel filter mod

The problems ive seen so far:
-Engine ticks (valve adjustment)
-Engine stumbles and if i set the idle to 1200rpm and it stumble it dies. Have to keep a higher idle to keep it going.
-Instrument flickers

The maintainance work ive been doing.
- install new denso spark plugs (iridium ngk ordered for spare)
-found loose wire on starter relay that caused the bike to sudden stall, fixed this
-took the temperature sensor and connected it to the tlr thermostat housing instead of radiator.

I appriciate all the help and inspiration for modding the bike!

(I was not able to upload pictures on the ipad but i will add some later)

·
Adrenaline Junky
2,688 Posts
welcome :bigfinger
Dont be too alarmed by the ticking, thats what TL stands for, Ticks Loudly :thumbup
As for the engine stumbling at 1200, mines the same until its warmed up, so not a big deal either.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome :bigfinger
Dont be too alarmed by the ticking, thats what TL stands for, Ticks Loudly :thumbup
As for the engine stumbling at 1200, mines the same until its warmed up, so not a big deal either.
Thanks! Nice to know! Hehe

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, new to the TL myself and iv noticed the ticking, alittle concerning, but going to take onboard what crashb says....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have printed out the manual for checking and adjusting the valves. it dont look like a difficult job. it only take some time... i will come back with the numbers i get and maybe add sound before/ after

·
Adrenaline Junky
2,688 Posts
Hi, new to the TL myself and iv noticed the ticking, a little concerning, but going to take onboard what crashb says....
Thats very kind, but I am by no means infallible. There are many better people to listen to on here such as Six5, Ring-In, Sam & Brainless to name a few. My real skill is in archiving and being able to find things these people (and others) have said in the past :thumbup However, TL = Ticks Loudly is a common phrase :laugh.

Very pretty looking S you have there quatro, the only question is how much of it will remain once you get the modding bug :devious

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, CrashB is correct. The TL's do tick. A valve adjustment or at least check won't hurt, but you're not likely to find them way outside of spec.. Unless you bike has had a checkered past :dowhat

Welcome by the way.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! It still have the original damper. I think the bike respond well, but i see many change this. I do not want to spend big bucks on this but if there is a alternative damper from 200$ and "bolt on" i will concider it. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice bike quatro, They do look good in black, I'm considering getting mine either painted, or try and get my hands on a full set off black fairings inc tank ect.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looks good in black. And combo of black and gold or all black with carbone. I also like the Red color! And the upside is its easyer to Spot in traffic :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts