TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there folks, I need some advice from someone. Saw this site and thought "who better to ask?" My TLS seems to be backfiring through the airbox, itS done it a few times but only when dropping cogs quickly. It's done once strong enough to pop the two halfs of the apart enough for about an eighth inch gap to appear. The previous owner fitted a K&N but don't see how this could cause it. Is my bike the spawn of satan and turning itself into a bomb or what?HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
what year do you have? sounds like the throttle bodies are out of there boots.....do you have a power commander? or has a yosh box ever been used? any arbox mods?

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
when was the last time you ballanced the throttle bodies? sounds like they need a tweek with the vacuum gauge

on a side note, there's an airfield trackday at lossiemouth next month. i'm trying to get a few TL's up here and you're welcome to attend:) see the uk forum for more details

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
TPS and throttle boddy sync are great places to start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers for the tips, it's a 1997. it'll be off the road for a few weeks soon so will take a look. No power commander or airbox have been done. My damper's just spilt it's load so i'll have a look at it while that's coming out. Have got a few mates up in lossie based in the raf barracks so may well come up for a few days. Cheers folks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts