TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. I finally bought a tl1000r after wanting one for 17 years. I was 14 when I first heard that roar of the TLR. Loved them ever since. I am now 32. I bought a 2003 black and yellow with [email protected] full exhaust. Everything else is bone stock. 9373 original miles. I bought it off the original owner in Raymond Maine right near sabago lake. I live in central Massachusetts. Im picking up the motorcycle trailer at uhaul tomorrow early morning and heading up to get it. I payed $4000. The bike is near show room condition, exactly what I was looking for. I will snap some pictures tomorrow. Now I need a mod list. All I really want to do looks wise is get rid of the rear license plate holder fender. I want an undertail and a tire hugger possibly to try to protect the paint, and a tank bra for more added protection. I don't want to scratch the hell out of it because it's to nice. Tires will be needed eventually because it's been off the road since 2012. I will freshen it up with new fluids and a battery.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Congratulations!

The only mod that I consider a must is the charge mod. And then by necessity, you should do the headlight mod.

The charge mod keeps the battery at top shape. The headlight mod simply runs higher gauge wire to the headlight assembly. The rest is honestly optional.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent thanks! I was reading about charge mod last night. Looks like a really good idea. I need to pick up an inline fuse holder or see if I have one in the garage. The headlight one also sounds pretty straight forward. Thanks for the suggestions! I got some reading to do.

·
Moderator,
8,228 Posts
Since you'll be palying with the electrical system anyhow, I'd add the + mod while you're in there. Makes for easier starting and gives a few more HP.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Agreed about the coil mod. Might as well. Not required, but I have it on my bike and it's very easy.

There is a part number from triumph that will help you (T2500676) on the charge mod. It is honestly a joke how cheap it is. Use it for the charge mod. PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Also, do yourself a favor and buy a lithium battery after you finish the mods. Your bike will love you. Probably slip into your bedroom and give you a back rub at night...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha thanks for the suggestions guys. I am very excited. I gave it a good washing a little earlier. The full d and d exhaust sounds ridiculously good.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Sorry if the quality is terrible. I saved it from messenger. I will record a better video on Wednesday when I start replacing all the fluids.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts