TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greating to all TLZone members. I joined the site this morning using my cell phone and finally got on the lap top at the house to post. I joined to use the site ass reference to help me out on my friends TL1000R basket case. it's an 01 and and is pretty damn thrashed. When I offered to patch it up and paint it I got myself into a hell of a project and have a couple weeks of late nites and bloody knuckes after work. I look forward to picking some brains and getting some usefull advice on this rebuild and I'm open to sugestions. I maybe listing some of the more serious problems but the thought of that now makes my head hurt.:banghead

Attachments

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Welcome aboard mate :bigfinger, plenty of info on the site and a heap of VERY knowledgable brains to pick too. Should have her up and running in no time

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Welcome to The Zone :bigfinger

Looks like you've got some work ahead of you but you certainly came to the right place :yes

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
How's the engine? If the heart's stil pumping, then she'll live.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She runs, rode it to my shop. He picked her up for $1000 this spring, I told him that he could drop it off to me and we would work something out. No dice. A buddy of his in his MC told him to take it to some outfit on the east side of Youngstown that had it for 3 months and let it roll out as she looks now. No coolant in the resevoir,bald rear tire, no horn, bent front rim (but it's chrome cat!), bent left clip on, trashed chain, non operable front turn signals and about a half millimeter of front brake pads. I did manage to cut the chicken strips in half on the 18 mile ride to the shop, stupid in retrospect after seeing how scary it really was. Plan on making her safe, fixing the bodywork, and painting her in a red black & green paint scheme to match his club colors. Little ghetto fabulous for my taste but she aint my bike. If was was mine it would roll out in the spring as a blacked out streetfighter.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I hope that shop is paying for damages, if not sue them for damages, assuming it wasn't like this from the beginning

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NOT HARDLY. He's a juvinile corrections officer here in youngstown. He just made a bad call. I havent had a project bike in the garage for a while and I kind of miss the activity. Also, I have had the chance to surf the site and have to say this is a great fourm. The sites out there for my Yamaha kinda suck. Im a member on VFRWorld.com for my wifes bike and it rocks, this is the only forum that has been as helpfull as that one.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Welcome :bigfinger:

·
Registered
334 Posts
welcome :bigfinger good luck with the project. lots of good info here.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
welcome :bigfinger one hell of a project you got yourself there :eek:mg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Paint wise, it would not be my first choice either. I allways dug the black and silver bikes. Maybe a little Bahamma blue... never mind. I know what he wants. Worked late today, all I got knocked out was the tank down to bare metal and ready for filler tomarrow.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A week into it, after work and this weekend. Lots of damage on this bike. The upper cowl is a mess, every time I patch it it cracks up again. placed a thin steel bar behind it and epoxied it in over the screen i tried first. Fender elinimination is done besides paint. Punched out the stock pipes that were tossed on this bike after the Two Bro's were thrashed out before i got it and polished them up a bit. Feft side is still in progress. Tank was a bear but is getting close to paint. I have a vertical plate mount built and in peices on my shop bench. couple wiring issues pending, the is no horn. Anybody know what wires run the horn?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts