TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally something I can talk about! I ordered these leathers from Ebay several weeks ago, and took a little longer in getting due to the smaller size i had ordered. These can be found on Ebay; type in race leathers. These were 565.00 total, including S/H. I wanted them cause they look totally awesome, very professional, and very well made. Has a zip out liner in the upper body/arms to wash when you sweat and stink! My 1500.00 custom set doesn't even have that extra. These fit me very very well, the only gripe I have is being a woman, not much room for my boobies and they are kind of squished! But when leaning forward, doesn't bother me, but standing upright is a little uncomfortable. and the knee areas need some time to stretch too.

[email protected] (email address)His name is Terry, he is very nice! You can call him and he'll answer all your questions regarding the leathers. On Ebay you may find a set for lesser than I paid; mine were kind of a special order due to the size.
Dne'

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess I'll be staying with Suzuki for a while!!!

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
good looking colours :thumbup are they cow-hide or 'Roo skin? I ask cos they look kinda heavy :O

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they're actually a little lighter than my Z leathers. I guess I need to ask the guy that I bought them from as to what they're made from. I would assume from Cowhide, mainly because Roo skin is much more expensive, yes?

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Oh yeah, and much lighter too. More expensive because the manufacturer has to use more "skins" cos 'roos are smaller than cows :laugh Not very cheap to import either and not much cheaper to buy in Oz either, I looked when we were over in Perth earlier this year.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well in that case, cow is fine! lol Kangaroos are so cute!

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Not only do you get a good set of leathers from/off a 'Roo but nice steaks too!! :devious

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Sounds like a good fit there, except for the boobie part. Your leathers aren't made for standing upright in, but rather being crouched over. Besides, you ride in Texas. The only time you'll be upright is when you hop off the bike right before you rip the sweaty leathers off till the next session.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Good point Jasen! were they made in a racing "crouch" :O

·
Registered
790 Posts
+1 on the fit. When standing upright my 1pc. leathers are real tight up front, relatively loose on the back. It all evens out when in a riding position. :thumbup

I think we need more pictures with them on. :devious

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good point Jasen! yes, they are much better when crouching over~ I need to do a bunch of knee bends to get the knees to loosen up; guess I can do my exericses in my leathers!

Dont' forget, if anyone is looking for a good priced set of leathers, consider calling that guy!

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
What the ... is that a sewing machine? Are you a girly or something? :laugh And GSX-R?? We're insulted :(

Otherwise nice leathers :) TL yellow huh :laugh

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sorry, The guy didn't have TLR leathers! So I had to go with the GSXR! and yes, I'm kind of girly! lol I like lace too! I can sew leather, or lace! I'll have you know, I'm true to the TLR/TLS spirit and you guys are my favorite people!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
sorry D but i havta say you look good in leather but i prefer the lace more...

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
D´ you are KILLIN´me

super sweet, get them broken in and rip them cornors up. we have 6 inches of snow in Chicago... so the ¨mod season¨has begun.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys really make my day!!
Gosh Rifleman~ it's only 40is here, and I'm freezing my little behind off!! lol I can't imagine living with snow, except the thought of snow skiing sounds exciting!

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Wear em around the house, watching TV, etc. They'll get broken in really fast. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts