TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Job Interview today and it went amazingly well. I knew I had the job when I left. It’s a bit below what I'm capable of doing but it would force me to obtain my certifications or move on.

It’s not with the state system so by, by to hardly working. I would be still working in the state environment maintaining systems, printers, and possibly servers later on.

The pay is a bit less than what I did make but starting at $37,440. Once I’ve obtain my ASI certification and the IBM I’ll get another $1.00 raise. It would allow me to hustle and meet a lot of technical people and possible open the door to something even better down the road.

I’m face with nothing, verses 37440. I could call around to the other interviews I had this week and see if anyone was planning on hiring me or not and if so at what rate. I would be Mr. Fix it and I would start Monday morning if I chose to accept. They know today was my last day so no getting any time off and the offer is non negotiable but once I certify I will get the increase.

Well that’s the good news. It seems like it’s a GOD send in some ways. Today being my last day and I'm offered a job BY 6:00PM. I’m thinking despite the pay decrease I’ll give it a shot. Within a few months I’ll be making $19.00 and if I don’t like it I’ll have two updated certs to toss on the resume.

There is advancement potential with CCNA, MCSA, MCSE certs as well.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Good on you! Good luck Del, hope you like it. Woo Hoo! :thumbup

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Good luck Del.

Is that $18/hr now and $19/hr with certification? You have no certification for what you do now?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Sounds like a good option dell, I say go for it, work your butt of and make your way up the ladder:thumbup

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
:stupid

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
TAKE IT! Anything is better than nothing my friend.
:stupid :yes

Hard to pay your bills with $0 income, Del. Take the job but stay in touch with the others with whom you have also interviewed. If it doesn't work out, at least you'll have a couple of phone calls to make in order to start your search again. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do have some certification. I have the ACT, now ASI and I have an A+ certification along with studying my ass off for the MCSA but I never took all the exams. I landed a job and I did not need them. I passed one of the required six exams. I never took the others. I was at one time certified to repair many of the laser jet series printers, 3SI, 4SI, 5SI etc along with many desktop printers.

I have not done that work in six years.

I guess I'll give it a whirl. I was hoping to have off for a few weeks though.

Hmmm, Well since I will not miss any pay I guess I could buy that trailer I want. :laugh

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Good luck with the new job Del :thumbup

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Well done, and good luck Del :)

If nothing else, it means you can be paid to look for something else :O

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Congrats Del on the new job.. TAKE IT to its fullest. repsect it and have a positive atitude cuz if ur gonna go in feeling all down and thats u can do better u wont last . just go in be competiticve and show them that u can do it and up for the challange.. thats what any boss would want to see form his employees. time flies and before ull know it ull be climbing up the ladder. take any opportunity to take cources and imporve ur skills.. thats always a +. goodluck
Ash

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a job. Time goes by sort of quick and I get to walk a lot so I should lose some weight eventually. The walking is a bit painful "pelvis fracture" but once I'm on my own I can walk a little slower. It's a lot better than sitting in the office.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Haven't yall learned anything about Del? You have to tell him the OPPOSITE of what you want him to do :laugh. :megaphone DON'T TAKE THE JOB DEL. DON'T DO IT :lol.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Del, Give it a 110% but it doesn't hurt to take the training - then keep looking on your days off - good luck with it:thumbup

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Good luck and all the best with it Del :thumbup

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
It's easier to land a good job when you have a job, any job. Just hard to find time to look. If it doesn't work out, don't get stuck in a job you're ill-suited for.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've already taken the JOB and so far so good. I started Monday morning.

I left the other one Friday evening December 8th.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes I do have some pan handling sort of sales experience but my problem is I can't relocate. I'm stuck to this area. I could commute if the pay is worth while.

I worked at a Ford dealership out of college but I did not like lying to the customers so that did not work out for me. I worked at Circuit city in the SOHO department for just over a year an outside of that I sell stuff online, as well as locally.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Yes I do have some pan handling sort of sales experience but my problem is I can't relocate. I'm stuck to this area. I could commute if the pay is worth while.

I worked at a Ford dealership out of college but I did not like lying to the customers so that did not work out for me. I worked at Circuit city in the SOHO department for just over a year an outside of that I sell stuff online, as well as locally.

PM'ed you a contact for selling these http://oqo.com 80-90K not lying, requires knowledge of XP and handheld devices. Positions available nationally. I think he was looking for a guy in your area...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts