TLZone Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one is for the TLR guys mostly....

It was derived from a trackday pic of me on my previous TLR just after cresting the hill on the back side of the BeaveRun track in western PA.
I traced the photograph by hand, scanned that into the computer, and then finished the cleanup in my vinyl software. A little tedious, but I think worth the time/effort.

It ends up being a nearly "square" image, at 5" tall it is about 5.25" wide. If anybody would like to order any, just give me the height you want and color/quantity and I'll price it for you. Keep in mind that the black areas are what will be vinyl, and the white areas there is nothing, the surface that it is applied to is what will show there.

Thanks for lookin'

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Very nice. You should possibly offer as an extra expense the ability to customize the number. Might be a few TLR racers out there that might want their number on it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gixxerjasen said:
Very nice. You should possibly offer as an extra expense the ability to customize the number. Might be a few TLR racers out there that might want their number on it.
Already thought of that actually. And customizong the number would be nothing at all, no extra expense.

The other thing I thought about was for guys (or gals for that matter) who might be interested, I could do the same thing to one of their trackday photos for a flat fee, and then they could get decals done in any size they want, say to put on their trackday hauler. Wouldn't it be cool to have a large bike graphic on your trailer, but instead of it being generic bike artwork, it's derived from a photo of you? Don't know if there's any demand for that or not, just something I was thinking of.

Thanks,

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Jim, can you do that to any track-photo sent to you :O and do you need a "hard" copy or e-mail attachment?

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Funny you bring this up...I've actually been playing in photoshop with one of my pics. It's not as simple, clean and neat as yours is and definately not ready for vinyl, but I kind of liked how it came out.

http://www.leanangle.com/pictures/logo.jpg

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Toledo said:
Jim, can you do that to any track-photo sent to you :O and do you need a "hard" copy or e-mail attachment?

I "should" be able to do it to any pic, email attachment should be fine. All I need to do is be able to print the pic, so I can trace it by hand, then scan into my vinyl software for the digitization part. It doesn't need to be spectacular resolution, but the better resolution, the easier and possibly faster it will be for me to do the tracing part.

The only other question would be the flat fee for the creation of the file. I probably have about 2 hours in the one shown above, and my normal hourly rate for design work is $45/hour. I think I could do it in less time now that I've done it once, so I was considering a flat fee of $40 to do these, considering that there will likely be a decal order to go with it.

Dread...your order already shipped, so we missed the boat on combining the order :banghead

Prices for the decals will be as follows:
4" tall = $4.00 plus shipping ($4.05 USPS domestic/$3.00 USPS international)
5" tall = $5.00 plus shipping
6" tall = $6.00 plus shipping
And so on....
Unless we would start getting into much bigger stuff for trailers, etc., then I'd price each job as it comes.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TTT....any interest in these decals?

The number can be customized to suit your bike number.
I also have a version of this same image with mirrors and headlight, for the street-only guys,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts