TLZone Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just bought me a clean version of my thunderstick!! I am excited beyond excited!! Problem is, when I had it shipped to where I live it was damaged somewhere along the way :banghead. With that said...does anyone know if a 2001 TLR will take 2002 model year fairings??? The dealer is telling me no, but I am thinking they are the same. HELP PLEASE!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Every year TLR is identical. 98-2003 are all the same model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! The dealer was telling me that they could not order the 2002 fairing for my 2001 because they were not compatible and different.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
The dealer was telling me that they could not order the 2002 fairing for my 2001 because they were not compatible and different.
The only thing that changed on these bikes was the color. So if that's what he was referring to then it's true.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Feeling great! After reading a lot of reviews and doing a little bit of research on my part, decided to purchase a full set of after market fairings from Monsterfairings.com, and I also ponied up and bought me a full Ladybird titanium exhaust system! I grew up watching VR race his yellow NSR500, so I asked them to copy the graphics of his bike. I hope it turns out ok 😬! Here's what I gave them as a reference...thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aurite!!!! So I got my Ladybird exhaust delivered straight to my local Suzuki dealership AND...here's what's being mailed out to me tomorrow!!! I'm super excited!! What are your thoughts on the fairings??? Can't wait to get it on!!!! I think they did an awesome job on the final product!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello all,

I haven't been on here much but I'm happy to say that I FINALLY got my bike put together!!
It got delayed due to COVID-19 and oversees shipping, etc.
Anyway, please let me know what you think! The fairings kit came with a tank cover bur I didn't want to cover up my tank with plastic.
The yellow was a close match to the OEM color, but you can tell in the pictures that the tank is a slightly darker yellow than the aftermarket stuff.
Ladybird exhaust was also installed!! Sounds amazeballs!!
Lemme know what y'all think!!

Stay safe out there!

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ladybird exhaust was also installed!! Sounds amazeballs!!
Lemme know what y'all think!!

Stay safe out there!
So, what have you done with the full Yoshimura system you took off? If you're interested in selling I'd be interested in buying.
Dependant on condition, price'n'stuff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, what have you done with the full Yoshimura system you took off? If you're interested in selling I'd be interested in buying.
Dependant on condition, price'n'stuff.
Thanks for the inquiry. I'm still debating on what I'm going to do with it. I'll let you know once I do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts