TLZone Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have seen the headlight mod and think I want to give it a whirl. Found raw projectors and I don't think it will be too difficult, except for one thing. When you cut the factory lens out, leaving the 16th of an inch border, have you guys been cutting your own clear plastic for that or buying it prefabbed? In one of the mod threads it sounded like he got it prefabbed. If you cut it yourself how do you shape it for all the curves on the factory one?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
They are usually for sale on ebay.uk.

Or just try a "projector headlight lens" search here and you will find hours of reading and probably a link to what you need.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeebus that was quick! I LOVE this forum! People here are so helpful!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With your help I have a budget for the headlight/projector/halo mod. Should only run me $120.00 including carbon fiber sheet for bonus points inside the lens. Without carbon fiber accents it should run a guy $95.00. What a deal for a new and updated look! Hopefully brighter as well.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Take pics along the way and let us know how it goes. I recently got a stock headlight and stock support stay. But I'm using Sharkskins. So I might construct it all somewhat differently, adhering the headlight-protector to the inside of the fairing, and put in fairing cutouts of some other shape perhaps, and make some kind of foam seal between the headlight housing and the clear lens? I'm far from having it figured out, as I'm not goig to even start on it for a while yet. I already have two real HID small projector lights, so an alternative is to just make some kind of angle-cut front extension tube on them to some weatherstripping foam seal against round-oval light cutouts in the fairing. Making the lights easily aimable, and still having some way to support the fairing adequately like a real racing stay are real complications. I don't want the stock aluminum-tubing mirror-brace "H" support piece of crap if I can possibly avoid it. Wish I could weld aluminum at home.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
way to go you guys keep it going and you will have more friends the you can shake a stick at...only thing i can help with is a location this side of the pond for the lens...(superbikestore.com) and part #440-s128-000

·
Registered
580 Posts
There still is some need to trim some of the lens to get an exact fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts