TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a local dude from here in the Brew City told me about the sight, was just surfing through and thought I would join and stay for awhile. My name is Eric, friends call me pork. I have a 2000 TLR with just basic crap done to it, hopeing to extend this winter and polish a few more peices. Heres a pair of photos

Any suggestions are welcome, I am currently looking for a nice under tail, hugger, rear tire, and some chrome / billit grips and/or levers

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Nice TLR! Even for a yellow one! Here is a standard welcome for you :bigfinger

Get ready to part with all your spare cash and the money you used to eat on :banghead

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
dont listen to doug eric he went with a sissy TLS yeah you know the ugly ones........but you have any question about anything if doug doesnt answer it for you someone else will.....tlzone rocks
oh yeah:fingerlol

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Welcome to the site eric :bigfinger Always glad to see new TLR owners on here:thumbup :bwtiller

·
Registered
489 Posts
Welcome Eric!

If you ever decide to do a repaint and need decals, give me a shout, it's what I do (see website for more info on that...)

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
welcome pork :bigfinger

lot's of know/how around here...and alot of useless twats too :lol

be prepared to part with all your spare cash, and generally snob your nose at use 4cylinder riders :rolleyes

-:banana

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Hey Eric! Paul and I both have a 2000 TLR ('cept they're the faster blue ones -yuk, yuk) anyway, WELCOME! :bigfinger

·
Registered
764 Posts
Welcome! :fingerlol
Enter the Group Buy and For Sale forums at your own risk. We cannot and will not be held responsible for any max'd out credit cards or empty wallets.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Welcome...I hope no-one porks fun at you. :laugh

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
:bigfinger

:welcome. nice TLR

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
:bigfinger hello and welcome to the mad house :laugh

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the welcome guys. I spent the evening messing with some sheetmetal trying to fab a mount for my cell phone / gps unit deal. I am also trying to figure out where I can monut a 2.5" LCD screen for a backup camera I want to install on the bike, sick of worrying whats going on behind me this way I can see whats goin on. I plan remove the baffles from my exhaust one of these weekends as well as lower the bike a good 2 inches. And one last thing, I could use help locating a cruise control device. Any other suggestions / comments are welcome and very appreciated. As for lowering this bike, I haven't really looked to closely at it since I had my slammed GSXR600 to play with, def need to get this TL closer to the pavement though.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
pOrk said:
Thanks for the welcome guys. I spent the evening messing with some sheetmetal trying to fab a mount for my cell phone / gps unit deal. I am also trying to figure out where I can monut a 2.5" LCD screen for a backup camera I want to install on the bike, sick of worrying whats going on behind me this way I can see whats goin on. I plan remove the baffles from my exhaust one of these weekends as well as lower the bike a good 2 inches. And one last thing, I could use help locating a cruise control device. Any other suggestions / comments are welcome and very appreciated. As for lowering this bike, I haven't really looked to closely at it since I had my slammed GSXR600 to play with, def need to get this TL closer to the pavement though.
I fitted a 2.5" monitor a couple of weeks ago. I made a mounting out of a piece of plastic strip with another piece molded into a 'C' shape then glued to the back of it. I then used self addesive velcro to attach monitor so i could remove it quickly. The 'C' bracket was then attachet to the plastic bracket under the clocks. The only problem i found was on full lock the brake hose would catch it so i moved the lever down a couple of mm.
http://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77584

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
paul.haydock said:
I fitted a 2.5" monitor a couple of weeks ago. I made a mounting out of a piece of plastic strip with another piece molded into a 'C' shape then glued to the back of it. I then used self addesive velcro to attach monitor so i could remove it quickly. The 'C' bracket was then attachet to the plastic bracket under the clocks. The only problem i found was on full lock the brake hose would catch it so i moved the lever down a couple of mm.
http://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77584
How is the quality on the lcd, are you happy with it thus far? That looks like a good kit, nice sized lcd and all. I am having a hard time finding a small lcd like that, I contacted that seller looking for the same kit so hopefully he can still get them in. Thanks for the link :)

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
pOrk said:
How is the quality on the lcd, are you happy with it thus far? That looks like a good kit, nice sized lcd and all. I am having a hard time finding a small lcd like that, I contacted that seller looking for the same kit so hopefully he can still get them in. Thanks for the link :)
Quality is vary good, hardly any interferance. Power comp. is next to nothing so i conected the camera to the side light bulb and the monitor to the rear tail light. Now when i switch on the lights it powers them both up. As i ride with my lights on all the time this saves me from having to find places to put extra switches on. Not tried at night but as it isn't infra red i'm not expecting it to work. Any problem with anything let me know and i will try and help. Another thread i did on it is at
http://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77846

1 - 20 of 27 Posts