TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Still deciding whether she’s a keeper. Had to spend some time with the suspension and she continues to get better.
The engine and transmission feel great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again. The Ohlins shock was pretty tired; the oil had leaked out so I got it all serviced back up and it's no longer a pogo stick.
I'm waiting to get my title back from the DMV before I spend any money on it but once I do I'm going to get some fork springs.
The bike's history is a little hazy but I suspect there's something going on in the front end with regard to the existing springs.

Is it just me or are the fork springs on these really, really difficult to compress and get out of the fork? These are the first forks I've come across where it's a two-person job to get the cap loosened and taken off.
I have a suspicion that they're either super freakin' stiff or simply too long; the dude I bought it from is a good 75 pounds heavier than me but wasn't much help in what had been done to them. They are supposed to have been set up by Race Tech but I can't imagine Race Tech would have set them up like this. I've gotta run the rebound all the way in to keep it from pogo-ing and I have to run the compression way out on the bleed just so it doesn't beat me up.
Shouldn't be that way...and I'm positive they wouldn't have come that way from RT.

·
Registered
32 Posts
They probably have some high rate coils in the forks. Was the previous owner a heavy dude? I took some 1K springs out of mine and that took a lot of force to compress them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They probably have some high rate coils in the forks. Was the previous owner a heavy dude? I took some 1K springs out of mine and that took a lot of force to compress them.
You can see some more info in a separate thread I started called Race Tech spring install
To answer your question directly, the dude I bought it from was considerably heavier than me but the dude he got it from had the bike set up and he was not as heavy as me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts