TLZone Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that was what was supposed to happen ...? I got 41T on the back now thanks to bx-459 ;)
Coming back from the test ride day, my buddy on his Duc 900SS rode along at 60kph ... and so did I :O my speedo read 60 too ie. the needle RIGHT over the 60 mark.

What up with that? surely 2 diff bikes, 2 diff manufacturers & 2 diff types of generating speed data cant be accurate despite me changing the gearing? I need a Veypor :laugh

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...factory speedo is off and you only went +2 on the rear with the stock front so your probably still pretty "accurate"...

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
It will be a bit more optimistic than it was by about 5% I belive. Guess either you were off in the other direction in stock form or the duc is also similarly optimistic.

have fun

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to some website with some sort of calculator where you put in gearbox ratios or some such I should be getting a reading anywhere from 9 - 20% too fast ... hard to believe that 2 bikes give the same reading - my buddy even thought mine was lower than his :O

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eh? So it was set to be 100% right on at the factory?

"Yes that's right 17,500rpm would we lie to you?"

Hmm ... ;) I'll look it up in the morning

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
no it had the correction in print so you would know. 60 you are doing 58 actual. With the you might be able to figure out what correct now. Go find a speed warning thing the cops put up and ride past it.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
1-39/41 = 4.8%:)

·
Registered
926 Posts
After I put on a 41 in the rear my speedo was of by 5%. I checked it with a GPS,however accurate they are? :O
A picked up a speedo healer, now its dead on.:)

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...Kevin, Calsport bikes will ship a speedo healer to my address:devious...

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Also keep in mind your rear tire size will have an affect as well.
190/50 and 190/60 for example will throw off the speedo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts