TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First there was a :yumyum breakfast

Then, not 500 yards into the ride, right where the route sheet said "warning, puddles are deep, go around" Mr. KLR decided to make like a u-boat

Which led to the indignity of 4-wheeled rescue

Then there were many rituals performed to coax the KLR back into life. At first there was much agnst - it turns out that getting to the plug on a KLR is near-impossible and requires removal of about everything else on the bike. For most of this procedure I kept out of the fray, took pictures, pointed and laughed. But once they were truely stymied and I began to get impatient, I said why not just roll it backwards? This was met by blank looks by most so I had to explain the basics - suck, squash, bang, blow..., since the motor was locked up it had to be in on the compression stroke with the valves closed and piston on its way up. Turning the motor over backwards would clearly shoot the offending water out the intake, all that was needed was for the intake port to be as down-hill as possible. Worked a treat.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
At the next big puddle the group was a bit more cautious

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But only because our fearless DRZ-leader found out that the attractive looking line to the right was actually the lair of the swamp-thing:scared

Then on one of the connecting roads, the trusty 350 turned 1000

There was one section with three of the most glorious squidding rocks, unfortunately my compatriots' camera skills were less than glorious

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then the DRZ had a flat tire. It was quite spectacular - the tube rapidly deflated while the rider was going about 50mph on the road. The back of the bike stepped out violently, then waggled back and forth, the rider was able to save it, but only just.

Who knew 12psi without rimlocks on a 300lbs pig was a bad idea:laugh

Fortunately I had a tube and wasn't afraid to use it:deal

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then in this one delightful whooped out single track section, we came upon this curious mark on a tree

And the beast that left the mark

Me and the trusty DR at the end of the ride

And a 4-legged participant

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funniest comment at the end by others: "I never realized DR350's were so much more powerful than my bike, that thing looks like it wheelies whenever you want it to"

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
looks like fun :hail

if you want to go off-roading sometime LMK...I've got a 2005 CR250F I can borrow whenever I want :deal

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, will do:hail The CRF is an amazing bike:thumbup

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
it is indeed :hail

I put a piston and rings, hot start cable and a clutch in it a couple weeks ago :thumbup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts