TLZone Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I was the high bidder on this via sniping software, but one downside of sniping is you can't discover his reserve within the last 8 seconds.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=250050385452&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCB:MT:11

So guess what his reserve is. Yes, it's the last nearly-new LTR engine you're gong to find, with only a few HUNDRED miles (not even a thou). But still his reserve of $1600 USD seems high LOL.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
SO I was the high bidder on this via sniping software, but one downside of sniping is you can't discover his reserve within the last 8 seconds.

Yeah... He asks for way too much money... !!! ::coocoo
What's that software you're talking about?

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's all these sites that bid for you at the last second. The idea is just that you don't give anyone the luxury of a second thought. Instead of bidding your max initially wth eBay this software places your bid a specified number of seconds before the auction ends. Some auction sites now automatically extend any auction for an additional 15 minutes after any bid, but not eBay. If everyone bid their real max it would make no difference, but people don't, and they think they're getting a bargain and then they lose it at the last second. The engine I bought had 3 snipers and the price doubled within the last 6 seconds.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I use e-snipe all the time.I like it,it helps me out when I am not home to bid.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Wholly crap... no wonder i loose out all the time... they gatz software for EVerything!!

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
The only think I don't like is you have to pay fee's to win the auction. Esnipe is not free.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
The only think I don't like is you have to pay fee's to win the auction. Esnipe is not free.

...they gotta make $$ some how...

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
$1600 is a bit steep... even with the low miles...

but then I"m a cheap bastage.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The snipe sites give you a few free introductory snipes.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
that guy had that engine listed in Craigslist for 1600 in Denver for the last couple of months. I've sent him several messages trying to figure out why he thinks it worth so much and all I've gotten back was "I dont have time for games, either buy it or dont."

the guy is obviously a scammer. He buys things from Steele's Cycle, a reputable salvage yard, and then tries to make a profit on them via CL and Ebay. I've replied to a lot of CL ad's for project bikes and they all seem to go to him

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He aslo listed it for $1600 on the old Sport Twins TL site's "for sale" section.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wouldn't call him a "scammer" just a "profiteer"...and if he can get it, more power to him. Over thanksgiving I missed a TLR throttle body set complete with hoses etc. for .99 and $13 shipping, I should have picked it up to resell.

·
Registered
813 Posts
try hammersnipe.com
It gives you 3 free snipes a week without paying..
I ususally win all auctions i bid on...

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on your $1600 motor. I paid $1800 for a whole bike with 4800 miles on it. I guess that's the downside of sniping.:O
Oh no, I didn't buy it, I was high bidder but didn't make his $1600 minimum, I only bid $400. I got another newer engine with only 7700 miles and matching frame and title with numbers that match for around half what this guy wants.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts